Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

quote:

'I'm treating it like it's my last one ever!' Ricky Gervais reveals he WANTS to get cancelled and will 'go all-out there' in controversial new stand-up show Armageddon

-The actor, 60, has admitted he's determined to turn up the shock-factor, even if it has a negative impact on is long-term career prospects
-He said: 'One thing I've decided to definitely do, and can't wait to start on, is my new stand-up show, which is going to be called Armageddon'
-'I'm treating it like it's my last one ever. It won't be, but I want to put everything into it. I want to try and get cancelled. No, I just want to go all-out there'

Ricky Gervais has revealed he wants to get 'cancelled' and is keen to push boundaries as far as he can with his long-awaited return to stand-up comedy.

The actor, 60, has admitted he's determined to turn up the shock-factor, even if it has a negative impact on is long-term career prospects.

He told Heat: 'One thing I've decided to definitely do, and can't wait to start on, is my new stand-up show, which is going to be called Armageddon.

'I'm treating it like it's my last one ever. It won't be, but I want to put everything into it. I want to try and get cancelled. No, I just want to go all-out there.

'It's about the end of the world and how we're going to destroy ourselves for lots of reasons, whether it's media stupidity, or the actual end of the world.'

Confessing his excitement at creating a new series for Netflix known, Ricky said he turned down the opportunity to write a fourth installment of After Life.

He made the surprise decision in favour of a new project, although he said he gives his 'permission' for his co-stars to reprise their roles in a spin-off season.

Singing from the same hymn book, The Office star went on to tell WSJ Magazine that he believes nothing should be off-limits in comedy.

He bravely said: 'There's no subject you shouldn't joke about. It depends on the joke.

'As a journalist, there's nothing you wouldn't write about. It depends on your angle, right? I think a lot of this pious offense comes from people mistaking the target of the joke with the subject.

'You can joke about anything, but it depends on what the actual target is. If you use irony and people see that at face value and think you're saying one thing but you're actually saying the opposite.'

Ricky plays grieving local newspaper journalist Tony in After Life as he begins to have his spirits lifted by his adoring support network.

The black comedy-drama is set in the small fictitious town of Tambury and explores Tony's struggle with immense grief for his wife.

I can't wait for this. A lot has happened since his last stand up special and I hope he takes aim at some of the stupidity we've seen since then like COVID and the election. I just finished watching his show After Life on Netflix and it's clear he still doesn't give a poo poo about being cancelled (although if his Golden Globes appearances didn't convince you of that, nothing will). Will you be watching his new comedy special?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

gonna go ahead and just get this one out of the way

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
wizard

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
master

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lmao iu hope someone fuckin shoots him

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
british humor peaked with monty pyton

im not actually kidding, i think... most modern mainstream british humor is SO BAD U GUYS

like you think america is a land of uncultured swine... oh jesus just u wait buddy... just turn on channel 4

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

precision posted:

british humor peaked with monty pyton

im not actually kidding, i think... most modern mainstream british humor is SO BAD U GUYS

like you think america is a land of uncultured swine... oh jesus just u wait buddy... just turn on channel 4

i like mitchell and webb but they are willing to just go crazy if they feel like it and i honestly believe that the eating someones dog thing (not real on peep show) was the kind of pushing the envelope monty python was about

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BONER X posted:

i like mitchell and webb but they are willing to just go crazy if they feel like it and i honestly believe that the eating someones dog thing (not real on peep show) was the kind of pushing the envelope monty python was about

mighty boosh was good too

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

British media is way more strangled and incestuous which is frankly impressive so you rately ever get anyone doing anything interesting since it is actually mutually exclusive to what gets you repeat work lol

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

precision posted:

oh i thought it was aussie

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
The X-Files: I Want to be Canceled

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Ricky Gervais is very insecure imo

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Idiot Abroad is the only thing I've seen that involved Ricky Gervais that was genuinely funny and worth seeing. It's a decent idea and Carl's comments and weird observations really stuck with you. Gervais himself should've just stuck to running it instead of taking part because he came off as a real rear end in a top hat every time he was on screen.

The other guy, whatever-his-name-is, was completely unwatchable. Were they intentionally going for the whole "Okay, Ricky is the bully, Carl is his victim, and this other guy is Ricky's worthless ratfuck tagalong assistant bully" vibe???

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
For some reason I had it in my head that he died last year. Too many celebrities in this world now (and dying ones) and I can't keep track of them no more!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
All these celebrities, every where you look, left and right. Some alive, some dead. Who can manage it all???

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Wow cancel culture strikes again!!!!!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

"Okay, Ricky is the bully, Carl is his victim, and this other guy is Ricky's worthless ratfuck tagalong assistant bully"

I see you've heard his old podcast

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Shut the gently caress up Wizard Master.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
My take away from this is these "Cancelled!" type Netflix comedy specials make money hand over fist.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Funky See Funky Do posted:

My take away from this is these "Cancelled!" type Netflix comedy specials make money hand over fist.

if i remember right people basically only have to have clicked play for it to count as a play, maybe they need to watch a certain amount of it? but they dont need to finish it but also unfortunately there is a lot of brain worms conservatives worldwide who eat this poo poo up as well

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm trying to think of what could even get you cancelled as a rich white guy.
Spilling dirt on billionaires?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What a massive loser

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLpfbcXTeo8

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

gonna go ahead and just get this one out of the way

more like chik-fil-atheist

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
cancelled by coming out as roman polanskis personal friend and enabler

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Booty Pageant posted:

cancelled by coming out as roman polanskis personal friend and enabler

Ricky Gervais pulls off a rubber mask, revealing himself to have been Polanski all along.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
His new show is called Hoaxacaust. He really might get cancelled.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"If you're so triggered why don't you just cancel me?!" begs man so rich he will never face a hardship ever again

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the best show you could make if you didn't care about getting cancelled would be a show instructing the audience how to safely and secretly assassinate ceos

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

watch it be tepid, inoffensive, and forgettable

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Junk posted:

wizard

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Junk posted:

master

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Shut the gently caress up Wizard Master.

gently caress you!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Wizard Master posted:

gently caress you!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
guess we'd all better pay attention to him, then

that's the only solution I can see

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Das Boo posted:

Having information that could lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

precision posted:

i like still game

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Das Boo posted:

Leprosy

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I wish he would rickey gerviLESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So now that he's officially reached the toddler tantrum phase of aging, it's just a matter of time before he reaches elderly infancy and ends up back in diapers.