Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Caesar Saladin posted:

Toast of London is some hilarious british comedy. Totally unhinged and never even attempts to have a serious emotional moment.

After/Life is quite funny and surprisingly emotionally mature. Ricky isn't as edgy as he thinks he is. He's not going to say anything hateful or bigoted, he's just not that guy I think. He's probably just gonna say a bunch of atheist poo poo.
Uhhh, you ever heard his thoughts on trans people? Lemme just say: not good.

Probably gonna be the helicopter joke over and over for an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Wizard Master posted:

Wow! New material from the upcoming special
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovSe80zSptE
Cool, a clip of 2000s-era "ironic bigotry" as if it's some fresh new take.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Extra row of tits posted:

Just popping in to remind you the “cancelled” comments are fragmented parts of a sentence being fed to you by entertainment media to get clicks.

But keep on pearl clutching.
Hmm... I dunno, taking these two direct quotes from him:

quote:

"I'm treating it like it's my last one ever. It won't be, but I want to put everything into it. I want to try and get cancelled. No, I just want to go all-out there."
"If you use irony and people see that at face value and think you're saying one thing but you're actually saying the opposite."
He wants to get cancelled and he thinks ironic racism/sexism is a brilliant idea and not completely tired at this point.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

satanic splash-back posted:

Why is making fun of people transphobic? Is there a way to laugh at people without being labeled as afraid of them. I laugh at many people I'm not afraid of.

It's okay to call someone a lovely person without insinuating they are afraid of someone imo.
Hmm. Let's see, could he have possible insecurities about trans people? Let's go to the "jokes" from the new special:

quote:

“Oh, women!” he starts. “Not all women, I mean the old-fashioned ones. The old-fashioned women, the ones with wombs. Those loving dinosaurs. I love the new women. They’re great, aren’t they? The new ones we’ve been seeing lately. The ones with beards and cocks. They’re as good as gold, I love them. And now the old-fashioned ones say, ‘Oh, they want to use our toilets.’ ‘Why shouldn’t they use your toilets?’ ‘For ladies!’ ‘They are ladies — look at their pronouns! What about this person isn’t a lady?’ ‘Well, his penis.’ ‘Her penis, you loving bigot!’ ‘What if he rapes me?’ ‘What if she rapes you, you loving TERF whore?'”

“You can’t predict what will be offensive in the future,” Gervais said. “You don’t know who the dominant mob will be. Like, the worst thing you can say today, get you cancelled on Twitter, death threats, the worst thing you can say today is, ‘Women don’t have penises,’ right? Now, no one saw that coming. You won’t find a ten-year-old tweet of someone saying, ‘Women don’t have penises.’ You know why? We didn’t think we loving had to!”

Toward the end of the special, Gervais offers his reasoning for trans jokes, saying, “Full disclosure: In real life of course I support trans rights. I support all human rights, and trans rights are human rights. Live your best life. Use your preferred pronouns. Be the gender that you feel that you are. But meet me halfway, ladies: Lose the cock. That’s all I’m saying.”

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Out of all of Izzard's bits, I only really remember "I'm covered in bees!" but I remember it so well that it pops into my head all the freakin' time.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I enjoy Hasan Piker's clowning on people like Ben Shapiro because it's refreshing to have the schoolyard bully on the right side for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

It's apparently the free speech to be okay with Ricky Gervais saying that he personally needs trans women to cut their dicks off because it make him feel weird.