Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Eternal darkness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Steel Batallion with a full sim controller and maybe VR support. Hell make it a live service game if that’s what it takes to get made. I’ll buy some dumb stickers and camo DLC pack to slap on my mech.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Double Dragon. Give it a gameplay feel like Sleeping Dogs or the brawlier Yakuza games, but instead of low-level street toughs it's post-apocalyptic weirdos and street gangs right out of The Warriors

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Seconding Blast Corps. Imagine how spectacular it'd look with today's technology.

And Capcom should bring back Lost Planet as a coop Monster Hunter with guns and mechs. The second one was exactly that, and it was fantastic. Their mistake with the third one was committing hard to the singleplayer experience.

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.
Full on reboot of Blood, Caleb deserves a new game way more then Duke or Lo Wang :colbert: of course Stephen Weyte doing the voice again would be mandatory.

Also wouldn't mind a new Thief game that was actually good. Perhaps ignoring the reboot and continuing on from Deadly Shadows.

dumby
Oct 25, 2007

Have you tried Teardown?

Exo-
Dec 8, 2021

One of the coolest third person shooters ever. The "moba-like" sequel Super MNC was pretty fun too.

Both of them are like 10 years dead now and probably aint comin back but I think they both had a lot of squandered potential.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

very cute, clever point n click puzzle game for the wii

i liked how it mashed the charm of point n click adventures with individual puzzle box style stages to solve your way through and replay for a better score. kinda like ghost trick now that i think of it.

hey thats another one, do another ghost trick

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

This feels like one that'll get a Kickstarter sequel eventually.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

No One Lives Forever was done dirty and a reboot would be groovy.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
SOCOM

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Eternal darkness

Wasn’t there a failed Kickstarter for a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness? It looked like it bordered on potentially cool, so it’s kind of a shame. Definitely one of my favorite gems of that era.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Metal Warriors

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Secret of Evermore

Suikoden (as in Suikoden 2)

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Darkened Skye

Killer Instinct

Metal Wolf Chaos

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Ogre Battle. The top down, rts styled map game with the turn based battles based on class compositions.

I wouldn't mind the Tactics Ogre / FFT style either, but there are a few of that style out there, even if they're mostly mediocre at best.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

Also I want a new Wario Land game rather than endless Warioware games please and thankyou.

This please

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Red alert. Complete with the mandatory actors/hot models

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Shining Force

Breath of Fire

The Dungeons and Dragons games that were Streets of Rage style beat'em ups.

Legend of Grimrock

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I think Crush! Deluxe is due for a sequel. We haven't had a 3-way turn based space football game in a while.

Puke on Cops
May 21, 2007
Do you remember when Jawbreaker rocked the boat? I'm sure you do, and don't.
Can somebody please make a non-lovely modern Vigilante 8?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dark Cloud or some variant of that

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Will never happen since Bungie has long since moved on to Halo and Destiny and doesn't own the rights anymore, but would love to see the Myth series revisited. It was really ahead of its time and holds up pretty well today, it should have defined the RTS genre instead of all the games focused on base building and resource gathering. Would look amazing with a modern engine.

Also would love to see a modern bigger budget continuation of the PS2 Devil Summoner games. Another one not likely to happen for various reasons.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MH Knights posted:

Shining Force

Breath of Fire

yeah.

also, Silver, and Elemental Gimmick Gear

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Am I the only one who preferred the original Dungeon Keeper over the sequel?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

MH Knights posted:

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Some time very soon I'm going to put up a thread for discussing pirate video games and it's a shame that the only thing that's come close to Sid Meier's pirates was the remake of it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

man nurse posted:

Wasn’t there a failed Kickstarter for a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness? It looked like it bordered on potentially cool, so it’s kind of a shame. Definitely one of my favorite gems of that era.

Unfortunately I think Denis Dyack got outed as some kind of something or other even before the #MeToo movement took off so any spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness is best not left with him.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

AvP
Z
Ground Control
Undying
SiN (I would even take a few more episodes of that failed source sequel)
Drakan
Freespace

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Omnicarus posted:

No One Lives Forever was done dirty and a reboot would be groovy.

Was going to post this. Would love to see a modern reboot of NOLF

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

dumby posted:

Have you tried Teardown?

I’ve looked into it a little bit but it doesn’t look like it’ll scratch that itch for me

Pneub posted:

This feels like one that'll get a Kickstarter sequel eventually.

I’ve only backed 2 things but I would strongly consider doing this too. Honestly I just want a remake with the Red Faction Guerrilla engine and and a map maker and I’d be happy.

MH Knights posted:

Suikoden (as in Suikoden 2)

If you haven’t looked into it yet, check out Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes. Suikoden 2 is my favorite game ever and I absolutely can’t wait for this.

ButterChugger fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Feb 3, 2022

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Echoing AVP, Black and White.

Rather Syndicate Wars than Syndicate, though that could be the nostalgia.

A Blood remake would be great, though the rights with Atari are apparently hard to buy and they have no interest in doing anything with the IP. A Doom mod and Quake TC ( Transfusion ) are out and play well, and there's the source port that's been backward engineered.

More Shadowrun would be good, maybe a FPS RPG? Though it is a bit close to Cyberpunk, it could stand the difference, it has the fanbase after all.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mode 7 posted:

Some time very soon I'm going to put up a thread for discussing pirate video games and it's a shame that the only thing that's come close to Sid Meier's pirates was the remake of it.

I think Pirates' multi-genre take on it sort of runs against modern game design norms. Sid semi-jokingly called it the Covert Action problem but while it was unfocused, Covert Action was a more interesting investigative game for having the multiple ways to gather intel, even if the car tailing minigame sucked.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Myth. The Myth series was pretty unique at the time and there's been nothing quite like it since. It was a series so ahead of its time in a number of ways. I'd settle for gog or whoever just getting the rights to sell it but a full on sequel or even spiritual successor with the same mix of tone and gameplay would be a dream come true. My absolute favorite game ever is Myth 2 and i really want to play some multiplayer again. Maybe it's soon time for a thread. Just the fact that so much of myth's gameplay (archers, dwarves, wights, etc) involved physics interactions and not just precalculated shots and stuff is kinda incredible now let alone back then.

Darklands is also up there. Just remake the dang thing and fix it up a bit.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 3, 2022

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The Elder Scrolls. :smuggo:
:negative:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Shatterhand from the NES, lol

All I remember is that it seemed cool to me as a kid; the story was probably paper-thin. But I bet you could do a cool Vanquish or DMC-style action game with it

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Nox and Crusader: No Remorse/ No Regret

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Yes, please.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Dino Crisis - remake in the same vein RE2 and 3.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I would love to see a new Robotrek, a fun JRPG where you built some robo buddies to fight battles for you and later invented something that let you turn into a mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Skies of Arcadia.

Hub Cat posted:

Black and White but like good

Also this.