Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Exo- posted:

One of the coolest third person shooters ever. The "moba-like" sequel Super MNC was pretty fun too.

Both of them are like 10 years dead now and probably aint comin back but I think they both had a lot of squandered potential.

Didn't it have a crypto miner built into it or some nonsense? In that way it truly was ahead of its time.

Also bring back the Crusader games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Unholy War remake, please

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I really want another Escape Velocity game, Star Sector is close but I want to work through a plot line.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

SlothBear posted:

Skies of Arcadia.

Didn't they officially say they wouldn't because they knew they couldn't top the first game, or something like that?

Still, even a modern inspired by take on it would be nice. Still in my top 5 of JRPGs and hasn't budged.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Original_Z posted:

Also bring back the Crusader games.

Yeah.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Somebody needs to make another 3D movie maker, I enjoyed the hell out of that when I was younger and it was always a great way to express my creativity. Also, some of the funniest things I have ever seen have come from the 3D movie maker community. And I don't mean something like SFM, I mean something intentionally stylish and easy to use so even a kid could enjoy it.

Austin S
Jul 2, 2005
Allegedly Dragon's Dogma is getting a sequel but I'm not convinced (it totally needs to happen though)

Battle Hunter was great for a bargain bin PSX title. Roll dice to navigate a tile based map, sell loot to pay for stat upgrades or keep certain items for unique boosts. Single player campaign mode or bring friends for a Mario Party / Munchkin hybrid.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Hybrid Heaven. More fighting game turn based RPGs.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Freedom Force

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Robot Alchemic Drive and Bushido Blade

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Austin S posted:

Battle Hunter was great for a bargain bin PSX title. Roll dice to navigate a tile based map, sell loot to pay for stat upgrades or keep certain items for unique boosts. Single player campaign mode or bring friends for a Mario Party / Munchkin hybrid.

Battle Hunter is very neat- I found out about it only a few months ago. I'd also love to see something else like it.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

exquisite tea posted:

HEXEN. The idea of a dark fantasy FPS with medieval weaponry and some RPG conventions such as spells and an inventory seems like such a slam dunk in 2022, yet nobody has really tried to enter the space at the AAA level in 25 years. Maybe now that Raven has been wrested from the COD mines there is a small glimmer of hope..

this, but dark messiah instead

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mantis42 posted:

Freedom Force

Holy poo poo, yeah, this. Especially since superheroes are so big right now, I'd have thought this would have been a slam dunk :smith:

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Odd Wilson posted:

Didn't they officially say they wouldn't because they knew they couldn't top the first game, or something like that?

Still, even a modern inspired by take on it would be nice. Still in my top 5 of JRPGs and hasn't budged.

All I ever saw was that they were thinking about it and then didn't. I never saw any reason other than people being told to do something else instead. :shrug:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Odd Wilson posted:

Clearly they haven't been reading my Skies of Arcadia x Phantasy Star fanfic.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Legacy of Kain titles.

I still want my ending goddamnit.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Freespace
Wing commander
Jade empire

Advent Rising sequel that we never got. God the gameplay on that was so fun.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Allegiance would be cool to see a modern remake of. Very unique online multiplayer space dogfight + RTS game with great modding community that kept it going for so long.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ogre Battle. Make a new one! The closest thing I can think of in the last two decades or so is Soul Nomad and that just wasn't the same. I don't even care if it's the same setting/story, just make a new game in that style. (Ogre Battle specifically, there's a shitload of Tactics Ogre style stuff, of course). I'd even accept naming it after an Imagine Dragons song if that's what it takes.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
It's baffling that nothing like Freespace 2 has been made since. Just gimme Newtonian physics without a bunch of trading mechanics and poo poo, I just wanna glide backwards and upside down while blasting bogies :hellyeah:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

beer gas canister posted:

It's baffling that nothing like Freespace 2 has been made since. Just gimme Newtonian physics without a bunch of trading mechanics and poo poo, I just wanna glide backwards and upside down while blasting bogies :hellyeah:

Oh my god yes.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
I still want to play the game Jurassic Park: Trespasser was supposed to be - open world island, decent physics engine and puzzles, and dinosaurs that had their own set of priorities and behaviors.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Power Stone, please.

Nthing Myth as well

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Silent Storm

No Axis campaign, please.

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.

CaptainCaveman posted:

I still want to play the game Jurassic Park: Trespasser was supposed to be - open world island, decent physics engine and puzzles, and dinosaurs that had their own set of priorities and behaviors.

I agree with all of this but also keep the checking your health by looking at a tattoo on your cleavage mechanic.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
elevator action
balloon fight
make something like the last express again

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

habituallyred posted:

Silent Storm

No Axis campaign, please.

I will support an antifa partisan campaign.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
A more advanced version of The Movies would be great. Hell, strip out the tycoon lot building part and just go movie making with actor maintenance.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Old old dead IP: Gimme some more Laura Bow! I adore whodunnits in any form and I played through The Colonel's Bequest and The Dagger of Amon Ra so many times when I was a kid. They had a lot of replayability built in with the ticking clock advancing depending on when and where you would eavesdrop or witness things. You could miss entire storylines in a playthrough. I doubt this will make any sort of comeback but I've never played anything close enough to those games. I need more of an intrepid young reporter investigating increasingly bizarre murders in the 1920's.

Newish old dead IP: Silent Hill. I really hope Konami sells the rights to this or gets bought out soon, this series needs a reboot and PT was such a great tease for where SH could go. SH2 in particular set up a pretty easy template to follow - damaged people are drawn to a town that uses their guilt and fear against them and you wander through that town with impossible geography/architecture with a heavy, constant sense of dread. Plus really cool music.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Honourable mentions to Shadow Man, Gitaroo Man, Space Channel 5, Jet Set Radio, Magic Knight, Thunder Force, Out Run, and Golden Axe.

Alpha Protocol - the timed dialogue, the 3 JB response options, the perks, the wildly different outcomes, Steven loving Heck…they were all too good to waste on a single game by the jankiest dev studio in existence.

EA’s Strike series - I cherish peace with all my heart and I don't care how many men, women, and children I need to blow the gently caress up with a Super Comanche to get it.

Darkstalkers, Marvel v Capcom - let’s fuckin’ gooooooooo

Frequency/Amplitude - yeah, there was the Kickstarter one a few years back but I need more, even if reflexes are nowhere near up to it anymore. Hell, even just having the original available on a modern machine would be fine as I don’t think my PS2 is ever booting again.

Ultimately though, my most wanted was never ‘really’ a video game before* but I would love love love an open world Allansia from the old Fighting Fantasy books to pootle about and mess around in. Give me a character creator, pick a class and off I go wandering the land loving up necromancers and snow witches, taking a punt in Deathtrap Dungeon, getting lost in Port Blacksand, etc. Alternatively, the Way of the Tiger setting would also be acceptable as long as Kwon’s Flail one shots everything except bosses, and I actually get to fight that Spider God-Queen gently caress this time. No, I am not still mad after all these years, no ma’am.

* Yeah, there was a lovely Deathtrap Dungeon game on the PS1 back in the day but it barely counts.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Freespace 2 didn't have newtonian physics though :confused:

(Not unless you modded every ship table file to have the glide flag and add lateral thrusters, that is.) :getin:

FS2 inertial flight mod:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZswprR3BfhEIwIKVR7FXp-_okwFof9eU/view?usp=sharing

FS1 inertial flight mod:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W5fdyjPZTPbUBysVimJXdtVLB1_den1M/view?usp=sharing

The_White_Crane fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Feb 8, 2022

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

majesty: the fantasy kingdom sim

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Donnerberg posted:

And Capcom should bring back Lost Planet as a coop Monster Hunter with guns and mechs. The second one was exactly that, and it was fantastic. Their mistake with the third one was committing hard to the singleplayer experience.

Lost Planet 2 was amazing, the only thing it was lacking was letting local co-op players use a profile.
Outside of stuff already mentioned I'd love a new Armored Core, especially if it's the old style instead of post 4Answer's ultra speedy combat, but I'll take that if it's the only thing on the table.
There's rumors about a new one, so I'm hopeful.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Arrrthritis posted:

Might and Magic would be cool too but only in the distinction of robot angels and alien demons and not fantasy world ashan M&M.

Exactly this.

Another Arcanum wouldn't hurt.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lords of the Realm

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008

Hub Cat posted:

Black and White but like good

Yep.

Deus Ex remastered - keep the story the same and put it in Unreal Engine would be more than enough.

Dawn of War, stick to the RPG/Strategy style of 2 please.

Alpha Protocol... The new Splinter Cell could easily be this, shoehorn in some RPG mechanics and open levels.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Hefty Leftist posted:

majesty: the fantasy kingdom sim

Check out Driftlands: The Magic Revival? It doesn't have the sense of humor but it has the bounty setting stuff.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Also make Sleeping Dogs 2 you cowards! Literally everyone wants it!

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
seaman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Helicopter ARPG like the old Strike series.

Top of my list now that Road Redemption exists.

Robot Alchemic Drive and Bushido Blade

:hai:

Both of these would be hot as gently caress in VR

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 9, 2022