Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Has there been an official new Katamari game that wasn't just a rerelease of one of the older ones?

Bandfuse: I know, I'm in the absolute minority of people who liked this game and I still can't play guitar, but I was obsessed with it for about a month almost a decade ago. I know Rocksmith more or less became the winner in that war, but Bandfuse did some things I liked that RS(2014) didn't.

I liked the use of the tab-like systems for note playing. The music video stuff gave you something to watch if you were taking turns. The progression system being tied to a 'tour'-gimmick seemed a nice way to gauge where you were at.

It didn't have the polish of Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Rocksmith, but I think it still had a lot of charm.

Also, given the music video nature of it, it could have some potential to capitalize on music from the early 80s-early 00s when MTV still reigned supreme, so a lot of songs had music videos, which could be a blessing or a curse depending on the situation. Unlike the other games which don't rely on a music video feature, the game might be reliant on ONLY songs with available music videos unless they used stock footage content as filler for songs that never had any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU