Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!

Hello there and welcome to the world of Kingdom Hearts, aka Tetsuya Nomura's Wild Ride, aka Tetsuya Nomura's Excellent Adventure! This is going to be an LP over the Kingdom Hearts series in release order as played from the PC versions that just released last year. This means we are starting with Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD and should be ending with Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory. Now if you are a veteran of the Something Awful forums you may recall that I did an LP of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Re: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix. Those were done on the HD remasters from the PS3 and by today's standards the visuals (among other things) are just not very good. This has led me to wanting to attempt to do a definitive (or Final Mix, if you will) version of my original thread. My recording setup has improved significantly and I also believe that I have improved as a commentator overall. I will be joined in this adventure by Silegna (from the original thread), Rat Earth and Anaxite. If you would like to join us in this wacky adventure then feel free to throw me a PM here on the forums and I will get you the details on how and when we record and everything.

I intend for this to be a humorous yet informative LP similar to how the original thread was, so expect some zaniness from the commentators. As for spoilers, I have recently found out that Anaxite hasn't actually played the games himself so that tells me that there are still virgins to the Kingdom Hearts experience, so if you must spoil please use the spoiler tags. They exist for a reason and we may as well use them. Also, as for the commentary itself, there will be two versions of each episode that will go live each Wednesday. One of them will have commentary over the cutscenes. This is for those of you that are well experienced in the ways of the Kingdom of Hearts and thus don't mind that sort of thing. The other version will not have commentary over the cutscenes. This is for those people that prefer to not have people joking around during the cutscenes so they can get all of the story they are trying to understand.

With all of that said and done strap in folks because Mr. Nomura has a wacky and wild story to share with you and you likely won't want to miss a moment of it.

Playlists With Commentary Over Cutscenes
Chapter 1: A Sora Beginning (KH:FM HD PC)
Chapter 2A: Kingdom Hearts CCG (KH RE:CoM HD PC)
Chapter 2B: Kingdom Hearts CCG (KH CoM GBA)
Chapter 3A: Long, Black Coats (KH 358/2 Days The Movie)
Chapter 3B: Long, Black Coats (KH 358/2 Days The Game)

Playlists Without Commentary Over Cutscenes
Chapter 1: A Sora Beginning (KH:FM HD PC NCOC)
Chapter 2: Kingdom Hearts CCG (KH RE:CoM HD PC)
Chapter 3: Long, Black Coats (KH 358/2 Days Movie W/O Commentary)

Jiminy's Journals
Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts RE:Chain of Memories HD
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

KH 358/2 Days Movie w/ Commentary
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 01 - The First Days
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 02 - Boy Meets Girl
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 03 - BFF Club
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 04 - Your Face...Is A Sham
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 05 - Headed to the Beach
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 06 - Beaches and Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 07 - The End of My Summer Vacation...

KH 358/2 Days Movie w/o Commentary
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 01 - The First Days - NC
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 02 - Boy Meets Girl - NC
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 03 - BFF Club - NC
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 04 - Your Face...Is A Sham - NC
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 05 - Headed to the Beach - NC
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 06 - Beaches and Sleep - NC
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Episode 07 - The End of My Summer Vacation... - NC

358/2 Days (NDS)
Episode 1 - Just Let Me Play!
Bonus Episode 1
KH 358/2 Days: Man, these missions are a slog.
Episode 03 Part 1 - These missions...
Episode 03 Part 2 - The Sloggening
KH 358/2 Episode 4 Part 1: WHY must these missions exist!
KH 358/2 Episode 4 Part 2: Screw it, no more Tetris.
Episode 5: Grinding is dumb
KH 358/2 Days Episode 6: Major Annoyances
KH 358/2 Final: Memories

I'm going to go ahead and drop the fanart here from the original thread because I believe all of them deserve to be remembered. I will spoiler tag the fanart that might be spoiler-ish until we have reached the point where they are no longer spoilers. Any and all future fanart will be added here as well.

An interesting conversation from Rhaonivis!

Here is Senerio's answer to everything Kingdom Hearts.

Pixeltendo with an interesting take on the ending movie of the first game!

System_Logoff has the professor attempt to explain Kingdom Hearts to Fry!

Silegna presents an interesting question.

Bmanin2288 has another interesting question.

Rhaonivis with some more awesome fanart.

Rhaonivis presents fun in a new way.

Poll #1

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

This post reserved for Journal/Datalog.

Xion (Number XIV)
English VA: Alyson Stoner (Days and KHIII); Hayden Panettiere (KH3D)
Japanese VA: Risa Uchida
Title: N/A
Attribute: Light
Weapon: Kingdom Key (Keyblade)
Journal Entry (Opening): N/A
Journal Entry (Regular): The fourteenth member of Organization XIII. Like Roxas, she wields a Keyblade. Through interactions with Roxas, she forms her own identity and develops a friendship with Roxas and Axel.

Roxas (Number XIII)
English VA: Jesse McCartney
Japanese VA: Kōki Uchiyama
Title: The Key of Destiny
Attribute: Light
Weapon: Oathkeeper & Oblivion (Dual Wield Keyblades)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. XIII ROXAS. A boy, newly aware of himself. His light shines as bright and brief as the setting sun.
Journal Entry (Regular): The thirteenth member of Organization XIII. He is often assigned to missions to collect hearts as he wields a Keyblade. A bit of a zombie when he first joined, Roxas slowly regains himself through interaction with Axel and Xion, becoming best friends with them.

Larxene (Number XII)
English VA: Shanelle Gray
Japanese VA: Rieko Katayama (CoM only); Yūko Miyamura
Title: The Savage Nymph
Attribute: Lightning
Weapon: Foudre (Knives)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. XII LARXENE. Wields sharp knives and a sharper tongue. Her lightning strikes as quick as her temper.
Journal Entry (Regular): A member of Organization XIII. She is highly conceited and mocks all those around her with an abrasive attitude. She was sent to Castle Oblivion, but was disposed of by an unknown assailant.

Marluxia (Number XI)
English VA: Keith Ferguson
Japanese VA: Tatsuya Kando (COM only); Shūichi Ikeda
Title: The Graceful Assassin
Attribute: Flower
Weapon: Graceful Dahlia (Scythe)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. XI MARLUXIA. In the arc of his scythe, flowers grow and all else perishes. His pretty face hides ugly motives.
Journal Entry (Regular): A member of Organization XIII. Despite having joined late, he is sent to Castle Oblivion and named its lord based on his profound abilities. He is intrigued by the Keyblade wielder and harbors dark desires, but was disposed of by an unknown assailant.

Luxord (Number X)
English VA: Robin Atkin Downes
Japanese VA: Jōji Nakata
Title: The Gambler of Fate
Attribute: Time
Weapon: Fair Game (Cards)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. X LUXORD. Life, to him, is just a game to be won...and he has all the time in the world to do it.
Journal Entry (Regular): A member of Organization XIII. A gambler at heart who enjoys treating everything as a wager. He never lets down his gentlemanly and reserved attitude.

Demyx (Number IX)
English VA: Ryan O'Donohue
Japanese VA: Kenichi Suzumura
Title: The Melodious Nocturne
Attribute: Water
Weapon: Arpeggio (Sitar)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. IX DEMYX. Prefers to kick back with his sitar, and leave the dirty work to the water under his command.
Journal Entry (Regular): A member of Organization XIII. His easy-go-lucky personality is uncharacteristic of an Organization member. He can control water by playing his sitar, but is aware that he is unfit as a fighter.

Axel (Number VIII)
English VA: Quinton Flynn
Japanese VA: Keiji Fujiwara (KHCoM through KH3D)
Title: The Flurry of Dancing Flames
Attribute: Fire
Weapon: Eternal Flames (Chakrams)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. VIII AXEL. An assassin who puts his own agenda first, and everything else on the back burner. Wields fire.
Journal Entry (Regular): A member of Organization XIII. He prioritizes his own motives over the goals of the Organization. He eventually becomes friends with Roxas after their initial meeting. Like Roxas, he comes to worry for Xion after becoming friends with her as well.

Saix (Number VII)
English VA:
Japanese VA:
Title: The Luna Diviner
Attribute: Moon
Weapon: Lunatic (Claymore)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. VII SAĎX. Second in command who longs for the heart he does not have. Only the moon breaks his icy calm.
Journal Entry (Regular): A member of Organization XIII. As Xemnas's right-hand man, he is charged with giving orders to other members. He and Axel, an old acquaintance, are plotting something.

Zexion (Number VI)
English VA: Vince Corazza
Japanese VA: Akira Ishida
Title: The Cloaked Schemer
Attribute: Illusion
Weapon: Book of Retribution (Lexicon)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. VI ZEXION. Founding member. An intellectual with no room for feelings. He can create illusions at will.
Journal Entry (Regular): A founding member of Organization XIII. A ruthless tactician who would use any means for his ends. He was sent to Castle Oblivion, but was disposed of by an unknown assailant.

Lexaeus (Number V)
English VA: Dave Boat
Japanese VA: Tatsuya Kando (COM only); Fumihiko Tachiki
Title: The Silent Hero
Attribute: Earth
Weapon: Skysplitter (Axe Sword)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. V LEXAEUS. Founding member. Tremendously strong, but surprisingly quiet—stalwart as the earth itself.
Journal Entry (Regular): A founding member of Organization XIII. He is a man of brawny physique and few words. He was sent to Castle Oblivion, but was disposed of by an unknown assailant.

Vexen (Number IV)
English VA: Derek Stephen Prince
Japanese VA: Tatsuya Kando (COM only); Nachi Nozawa (Re:COM, KHIIFM, Days); Shigeru Chiba (KHIII)
Title: The Chilly Academic
Attribute: Ice
Weapon: Frozen Pride (Shield)
Journal Entry (Opening): Founding member. A brilliant scientist with dominion over ice...and a personality to match.
Journal Entry (Regular): A founding member of Organization XIII. A brilliant scientist who carries out research on various Organization projects. He was in charge of the Replica Program at Castle Oblivion, but someone disposed of him.

Xaldin (Number III)
English VA: David Dayan Fisher
Japanese VA: Yōsuke Akimoto
Title: The Whirlwind Lancer
Attribute: Wind
Weapon: Lindworm (Lances)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. III XALDIN. Founding member. A warrior with a silver tongue. He carries six lances, and can harness the wind.
Journal Entry (Regular): A founding member of Organization XIII. He is both a fierce warrior and a strategist. He seeks a heart, but despises love and the bonds that tie people together.

Xigbar (Number II)
English VA: James Patrick Stuart
Japanese VA: Hōchū Ōtsuka
Title: The Freeshooter
Attribute: Space
Weapon: Sharpshooter (Arrow Guns)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. II XIGBAR. Founding member. He keeps an ear to the ground and a finger on the trigger. Manipulates space.
Journal Entry (Regular): A senior member of Organization XIII. Second-in-command in deed as well as in name. He looks at the big picture and acts according to his unique perspective.

Xemnas (Number I)
English VA: Paul St. Peter
Japanese VA: Norio Wakamoto
Title: The Superior of the In-Between
Attribute: Nothingness
Weapon: Interdiction (Ethereal Blade, a.k.a Copyright Free Lightsabers)
Journal Entry (Opening): No. I XEMNAS. Organization XIII's leader. Through power over nothing, he seeks power over everything.
Journal Entry (Regular): Organization XIII's leader. He has made completing Kingdom Hearts the Organization's goal, but harbors his own secret agenda.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 20, 2022

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Who's Tara?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If you walk away, you won't hear me say "Please."

Oh baby, don't go.

Instead, LP all these games because they're great and I love them. :)

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Neurion posted:

Who's Tara?

Hmm? Did I mess something up?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
What's funny is that while I did play the first game when was younger and my uncle had several PlayStation Final Fantasy games when I was a kid with my older sister having FFX, I actually no real nostalgia for Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy.

Admittedly part of that is the fact that I was more of a platformer fan as a kid with the only RPGs that held my attention besides Pokemon being Jade Cocoon (because of my love of monster raising), Legend of Mana for the aforementioned reason along with just being weird and Threads of Fate because it integrated the RPG elements into a platformer.

I honestly wish Square would acknowledge ToF more, like have Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald and Goofy hear about a so-called "crazy witch" and investigate assuming it's Maleficent only to discover an updated version of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_FwAAU2R5o

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Feb 4, 2022

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Okay, I agree. That would be a really hilarious scene. A real "You were expecting Jojo but it was me Dio..." moment.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Quick reply because if you are interested I am putting up a poll to decide which world we visit first. You can find the poll here. All polls will be announced in the thread and that way we can have a little more audience participation.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 5, 2022

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Sorry to post this again, but I didn't realize the original strawpoll.me site was busted and didn't learn it until about just now. So here is a new poll that I would like you to vote in.
https://strawpoll.com/sb4z34435

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, welcome to episode two of the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD LP. The episode list in the OP has been updated to include today's episode and the Journal post has been updated with pages 6, 7 and 8 of Sora's Story as well as character entries for Aerith, The Fairy Godmother, Leon, Merlin, the Moogles, Pongo, Perdita and Yuffie. We finish the update with Journal entries for the Soldier and Guard Armor Heartless.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Sorry folks, LP's on a week pause. Youtube decided to cause issues with the channel and we're sorting out a channel change.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Anaxite posted:

Sorry folks, LP's on a week pause. Youtube decided to cause issues with the channel and we're sorting out a channel change.

To add onto this, the videos will be temporarily unavailable while this channel change is in progress.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

So the first two episodes have been re-uploaded to the new channel. The links are functional again and you may use them at your leisure. Again, no new episode this week due to issues but episode three will premiere next week on it's normal Wednesday!

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I'm not gonna blame Disney for their mandate regarding Frozen since, as cool as that boss fight could have been, it does not make sense within the context of the original movie's plot since the whole point of Frozen is that Elsa is not the villain so Square Enix's plan was technically in the wrong to begin with.

They really should have checked with Disney or at least watched the movie before even starting work on that world.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Chimera-gui posted:

I'm not gonna blame Disney for their mandate regarding Frozen since, as cool as that boss fight could have been, it does not make sense within the context of the original movie's plot since the whole point of Frozen is that Elsa is not the villain so Square Enix's plan was technically in the wrong to begin with.

They really should have checked with Disney or at least watched the movie before even starting work on that world.

As much as I want to agree with you the problem is that we may have not specifically mentioned the final part of what the original plot of that world was. Originally, at the end Elsa, as the boss of the world, is defeated and then Sora and co. help restore her to normal and she learns from her mistake. So, as you can see, it was going to be pretty faithful to the movie. Hell, you can't tell me that after watching the movie that Elsa doesn't act at least a little bit villainous.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Since the magic system in this game was kinda opaque to me (yes, even after all this time KH has been on the internet), I went on a little research project. So here's some stuff about Magic!

The Magic system

The Kingdom Hearts magic system is all about spells you learn as you play the game, then cast at the cost of Magic Points. In the pause menu, you can assign up to three spells to use at any given time. These spells are accessed by going into the Magic command menu during gameplay, then pressing the correct button. At the bottom right next to your portrait, you have an MP Gauge with two parts: the yellow Charge gauge and the main blue gauge. A single segment of each equals one MP. The Charge gauge is filled by striking enemies or specific targets, picking up MP orbs, or getting hit with the MP Rage ability equipped. When the Charge gauge fills up through the first empty segment in the main gauge, that segment is filled, and the Charge gauge is reset. Using a spell or certain abilities will cost one or more segments of either the Charge gauge or the main gauge, but the Charge gauge will be used up first.

The MP Gauge not only determines how many spells you can get, but how powerful your spells (and one or two other things) are.

Fire

An attack spell granted by Donald after defeating the Guard Armor in Traverse Town. Using the spell shoots out a single fireball forward from the tip of the Keyblade at the cost of one MP. The fireball will attempt to home in on the nearest enemy, or the locked-on enemy, unless the enemy is a real pain and somehow got right above you in which case have good luck and have fun!

Power: Max MP+20

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright it's Wednesday and that means it is time for a brand new episode!! :hfive:

Episode

Commentary over Cutscenes
Episode 03 - Sora is Copyright Disney Corp

No Commentary over Cutscenes
Episode 03 - Sora is Copyright Disney Corp

Characters

The Dalmations
First Appearance: "101 Dalmatians" (1961)
Journal Entry: Pongo and Perdita's puppies. When they work together, they can be tough to beat. Ever since their world was destroyed by the darkness, they've been trying to get back together again.

Philoctetes
English VA: Robert Costanzo
Japanese VA: Ichiro Nagai
First Appearance: "Hercules" (1997)
Journal Entry: Phil the satyr is a veteran trainer of heroes and Herc's mentor. These days he's very busy running the Coliseum and choosing competitors suitable for the games.

The White Rabbit
English VA: Corey Burton
Japanese VA: Shigeru Ushiyama
First Appearance: "Alice in Wonderland" (1951)
Journal Entry: Loyal servant to the Queen of Hearts. He led Sora and his friends to the Queen of Hearts' castle.

The Doorknob
Japanese VA: Takehiro Koyama
Journal Entry: A talking doorknob in the door to Wonderland. To enter, you must turn him—and "One good turn deserves another," as he would say.

Cards (Hearts)
Journal Entry: Spear-carrying guards who serve the Queen of Hearts. They fear the short-tempered queen and are careful not to irritate her.

Cards (Spades)
Journal Entry: Troops with heavy axes who serve the Queen of Hearts. They fear their short-tempered queen, and are careful not to irritate her.

Alice
English VA: Kathryn Beaumont - Kingdom Hearts; Hynden Walch - KH Re:coded
Japanese VA: Mika Doi
Journal Entry 1: A girl who fell down a rabbit hole into Wonderland. She often daydreams and is naturally curious. Falsely accused of trying to steal the queen's heart, she was given an unfair trial and falsely convicted.
Journal Entry 2: Fell down a rabbit hole into Wonderland. Arrested on suspicion of trying to steal the queen's heart. Sora and his friends proved her innocence, but the Heartless captured her as part of their plan to open the final Keyhole.

Queen of Hearts
English VA: Tress MacNeille
Japanese VA: Sumie Ozawa
Journal Entry: A queen of Wonderland who lives in a castle with decks and decks of card soldiers. Selfish and short-tempered, she beheads anyone who crosses her. She thinks Alice tried to steal her heart.

Heartless

Red Nocturne
Journal Entry: Spellcasting Heartless. While hovering about, they attack by casting Fire. Having low HP, they keep their distance from their opponents, making them difficult to attack. They absorb fire attacks.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 3, 2022

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
To be fair, Phil's habit of getting the word count wrong was itself a running gag in the original movie as well and was even a translation gag since the equivalent phrase for "I am retired" in Greek is "Είμαι συνταξιούχος" or literally "I'm retired" which actually is only two words.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh hey, I was in a few episodes of that old one

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

It seems I forgot to add in the magic info for the last episode, so here is that for all that are interested.

Thunder
An attack spell learned after completing Phil's barrel challenge from the Olympus Coliseum. The spell summons a barrage of lightning bolts from above to strike multiple surrounding enemies at the cost of one MP Gauge unit.

Power: (Max MP*2)+14

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Holy cow, it is pretty late but the new episode for today is up and live. Here is today's episode and Datalog/Journal entries. Also, there is only one version of episode four because there were not any cutscenes that I need to remove our commentary from. Either the cutscenes with plot didn't have any dialogue (aka text based cutscene) or if they had dialogue they weren't long enough to warrant messing with. On a final note about today's episode, Anaxite and I have been trying to figure out why Youtube won't process the episodes at 1440p which is what I'm rendering them at, so I may have to later change the link. For the moment the current link works just fine.

Episode 04 - A Wonderful Trip

Cheshire Cat
Journal Entry: A mysterious, grinning cat who talks in riddles and can appear and disappear at will. He loves to mislead and confuse.

Huey
English VA: Russi Taylor (BbS, KHIII)
Japanese VA: Chika Sakamoto
First Appearance: "Donald's Nephews" (1938)
Journal Entry: One of Donald's three nephews. Huey is the leader, and he keeps playful Dewey and laid-back Louie in line. You can spot Huey by his trademark red cap.

Dewey
Journal Entry: One of Donald's three nephews. Always wears a blue cap. Cheerful and easygoing. He works with his brothers in a shop in Traverse Town.

Louie
Journal Entry: One of Donald's three nephews. Works with his brothers in a shop in Traverse Town. Gentle and carefree, but notices a lot of things others miss. To find him, look for a green cap.

Large Body
Journal Entry: Big round Heartless. They seem tame and laid-back, but go berserk when they are angered. With their brute strength, they can inflict great damage, so be on your guard.

Trickmaster
Journal Entry: Heartless that Sora and company encounter while they searched for Alice. His herky-jerky attacks and juggling act flustered Sora and the others.

Olympus Coliseum

Wonderland

Blizzard
An attack spell granted by the Cheshire Cat in Wonderland. Using the spell shoots out a spreading burst of ice crystals from the tip of the Keyblade, like a shotgun blast, at the cost of one MP Gauge unit. The burst can hit multiple enemies.
Power: Max MP+22

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Mar 6, 2022

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Wow, I did not even know that Trickmaster was weak to Thunder magic because I never go to the Coliseum before Wonderland. The game seems to expect you to do Wonderland first to the point I'm pretty sure that the official guide outright tells you to do so.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, as promised the link for episode four has been changed as I believed Anaxite and I have solved the riddle of sphinx and figured out the settings needed to render all future episodes in such a way that they will get the 1440p 60fps option on Youtube. Kinda glad to have finally gotten past that issue.

Edit: Also updated yesterday's post to include the lesson for the newly learned magic.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 3, 2022

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright I need to apologize once again for episode 4. It seems that there is some double audio issues that I just now noticed when watching it on Youtube. I seem to have forgotten to mute/disable the guide audio that Anaxite creates for me and as such there is a distinct double audio issue going on that becomes very noticeable art one point. I apologize for this and I will get the episode re-rendered and re-uploaded as quickly as possible. Again, I apologize if this made your viewing experience worse because it will be fixed.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, it's Wednesday again, so that means it is time for a new episode!

Commentary Over Cutscenes
Episode 05 - Welcome to the Jungle

No Commentary Over Cutscenes
Episode 05 - Welcome to the Jungle - NCOC

Sabor
First Appearance: "Tarzan" (1999)
Journal Entry: A leopard feared by all who live in the jungle, and an enemy of Tarzan and the gorillas. Sabor is a cunning hunter who targets the weak and helpless.

Tarzan
English VA: Tony Goldwyn
Japanese VA: Jūrōta Kosugi
Journal Entry: A young man raised from infancy by gorillas. His gorilla "mother" is Kala. Tarzan spoke only the language of the apes until he met Jane. Since then he's learning to speak English at an astonishing rate.

Terk
English VA: Audrey Wasilewski
Japanese VA: Yuko Doi
Journal Entry: A young female gorilla, and Tarzan's close friend. She is protective of the other young gorillas and acts as their leader. Unlike the other gorillas, her curiosity about humans is greater than her fear of them.

Jane Porter
English VA: Naia Kelly
Japanese VA: Mayumi Suzuki
Journal Entry: A naturalist who's in the jungle with Clayton, her guide, to study gorillas. She met Tarzan in the jungle and is gradually teaching him about human ways. She's courageous and will face any danger for her research.

Clayton
English VA: Brian Blessed
Japanese VA: Banjō Ginga
Journal Entry 1: A veteran hunter. He acts as Jane's guide on her expedition to the jungle. He thinks of animals only as prey, and dreams of the money to be made selling gorillas to zoos back at home.
Journal Entry 2: A veteran hunter, Jane's guide on her expedition to the jungle. He thinks of animals only as prey. His lust for power and the darkness in his heart attracted the Heartless, and they used him for their own evil purposes.

Kerchak
Journal Entry: Boss of the gorilla pack. He was against letting Tarzan join the group, but Kala's resolve won him over. Kerchak worries that Tarzan's contact with people will bring danger to the gorilla community.

Kala
Journal Entry: The gorilla who found Tarzan in the jungle. She has always helped and defended him, even when he was scorned by the others. Kala is not happy about Tarzan's contact with people, but she knows it's important to him.

Powerwild
Journal Entry: Heartless resembling a monkey. With great physical strength and agility, they often strike with combination attacks. Avoid close-range battles with them if possible.

Bouncywild
Journal Entry:Heartless resembling a monkey. Unlike Powerwilds, they attack from long range with a sling shot. They scamper about during battle, making them difficult to hit.

White Mushroom
Journal Entry: Non-attacking, friendly Heartless. They might give you an item if you help them.
Additional Info: These Heartless are defeated a bit differently than normal. They will show you a mood based on one of the useable magics in the game and you must cast that magic on them to score an experience point. If you do this three times you will be rewarded with MP balls and other items. If you use three of the same magic you will get the "arts" for that magic, possibly a Mystery Goo and possibly a shard or higher of the magic that was cast on the 'Shroom. There are Fire Arts, Thunder Arts, Blizzard Arts, etc and the Mystery Goo was an item that was only vendor trash in the original release of Kingdom Hearts but in the HD remasters it has become a synthesis item. If you cast an incorrect magic on them then they will get angry and teleport off and you won't get any reward. I will show the Fire, Blizzard, Thunder and Cure moods here in gifs created by Anaxite and future moods will be shown in the relevant updates.
Fire Mood (Shivering):

Blizzard Mood (Fanning Self):

Thunder Mood (Sun Overhead?):

Cure Mood (Knocked Out):

Stealth Sneak
Journal Entry: Heartless that attuned to the darkness in Clayton's heart. It somehow manipulated the light to turn invisible and fought alongside Clayton.

Deep Jungle

Cure
A restorative spell granted after defeating Clayton and the Stealth Sneak. The spell restores a little health to one party member.

Power: (Max MP*3)+9

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey, hey, it's Wednesday again! Time for more nonsense with Kingdom Hearts!

Episode 06 - Dogs and Gundams

Episode 06 - Dogs and Gundams - NCOC

Cloud
First Appearance: "Final Fantasy VII"
Journal Entry: A fighter hired by Hades to compete in the Coliseum. Despite his association with Hades, his heart remains untouched by the Heartless.
Cloud keeps very much to himself, which makes him something of an enigma. What is he seeking?

Hades
Journal Entry 1: Lord of the Underworld. He's using the Heartless to try and take over the world. To get Hercules and Sora out of the way, he sent Cloud to fight them in the Coliseum.
Journal Entry 2: Lord of the Underworld. He's using the Heartless to try to take over the world. Hades wants Herc and Sora out of the way, but all his schemes against Sora and the others seem to end in failure.

Cerberus
Journal Entry: Guardian of the entrance of the Underworld and Hades's loyal servant. Herc defeated him once, but Hades has brought him back to fight Sora and his friends.

Hercules
First Appearance:"Hercules" (1997)
Journal Entry: A legendary hero with godlike strength. He's the son of the gods Zeus and Hera, but not a god himself. The people regard Hercules as a true hero.

Maleficent
First Appearance: "Sleeping Beauty" (1959)
Journal Entry 1: A sorceress of awesome power. She controls the Heartless, and is said to have destroyed many worlds. No one knows what her true intentions are.
Journal Entry 2: A sorceress of awesome power. She leads the villains who seek to harness the power of the Heartless. She has also tricked Riku into joining her and is using him as part of her evil plans.
Journal Entry 3: A sorceress of awesome power. She tried to use the Heartless for her own evil ends, but the Heartless were actually using her. She turned into a huge dragon when cornered by Sora and his friends.

Black Ballade
Journal Entry: A Heartless that confuses its enemy by creating projections of itself. If the copies are attacked, it will resort to counterattacks and eventually run away. However, if it is attacked directly and relentlessly...
Additional Info: The name of the game with this Heartless is "Shell Game" or "Guess Which Cup". As you can see in the provided gifs the Black Ballade will appear and when the game begins the original will pop up and then cast
Kage Bunshin No Jutsu, or Shadow Clone Jutsu if you aren't weeb enough. The original and the clones will then move around very quickly before settling back into formation. Your job is to keep your eye on the original and smack the
original once all of them are lined up again. If you get it right it will drop MP Balls and possibly a Lightning Stone synthesis item. If you get it wrong then the Black Ballade will shock and the round will restart. The more times
you guess correctly the more likely you are to get a Lightning Stone. He won't stick around forever though and will also go away if you guess wrong too many times.
Guessing Right:

Guessing Wrong:

Blue Rhapsody
Journal Entry: Spellcasting Heartless. They approach their enemies by bouncing about and attack with Blizzard and absorb blizzard attacks.

Yellow Opera
Journal Entry: Spellcasting Heartless. Besides attacking with Thunder, they hurl themselves against their enemies. They absorb thunder attacks.

Green Requiem
Journal Entry: Spellcasting Heartless. They heal themselves and other Heartless with Cure. They are slow-moving, but hover high in the air and absorb most magic attacks.

Air Soldier
Journal Entry: Winged Heartless. They fly over their enemies and dive to strike them. Their high endurance and quickness make them tough to beat.

Opposite Armor
Journal Entry: Heartless that guards the keyhole in Traverse Town. It is a modified form of Guard Armor, but is more powerful.

Aero
A defensive spell obtained after defeating the Opposite Armor in Traverse Town. The spell creates a wind barrier around a party member that decreases incoming damage by half.
Duration: Max MP+18

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

This is one of maybe three instances where the recolor beats the original.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, it's Wednesday and thus it is time for a new episode in this continuing saga. Before I drop the goodies though, I will let you know that this post isn't quite complete. I will drop the last three portions when I get the gifs made. I have just been super busy with work and whatnot. Getting up at 4am really doesn't incentivize you to do anything after you get home. Also, today's episode had to be split into two parts as there it just took that long to get through with everything. I will continue trying to improve and make it so that the episodes are more efficient. Anyways, on with the show.

Episode 07 - Wish Fulfillment - Part 1
Episode 07 - Wish Fulfillment - Part 2

Episode 07 - Wish Fulfillment - Part 1 - NCOC
Episode 07 - Wish Fulfillment - Part 2 - NCOC

Jafar
First Appearance: "Aladdin" (1992)
Journal Entry 1: The royal vizier of Agrabah. Jafar is unprincipled and ruthless in pursuit of his aims. Now he's using the Heartless to try to take over the city.
Journal Entry 2: The vizier of Agrabah. He joined forces with Maleficent and tried to control the Heartless. He gained control of the lamp and became a powerful genie, but was defeated by Sora and his friends.

Iago
Journal Entry: Jafar's cunning, crotchety parrot. He's Jafar's eyes and ears as he flies around Agrabah, spying on his master's enemies. Iago takes after Jafar, with a penchant for intrigue and evil.

Princess Jasmine
Journal Entry 1: The strong-willed princess of Agrabah. Jasmine longs for the freedom of life outside the palace. She's in love with Aladdin, but doesn't know his real identity. She left the palace to seek Aladdin's help against Jafar.
Journal Entry 2: Spirited princess of Agrabah. Longing for a life of freedom, she slipped away from the palace and encountered Aladdin, who she quickly grew fond of.
As one of the princesses with the power to open the Keyhole, she was abducted by Jafar and the Heartless.

Aladdin
Journal Entry 1: A young man living in the desert city of Agrabah. He fell in love with princess Jasmine, but he's afraid to tell her about his humble background. He found the legendary lamp and released Genie, who is now his partner.
Journal Entry 2: A young man living in Agrabah. He helped Sora defeat Jafar and used his last wish to release Genie from the lamp. Aladdin asked Sora and friends to help save Jasmine, who has been abducted.

Abu
Journal Entry: Aladdin's faithful furry sidekick. Abu's size and ability make him valuable in tight spots. He's got a weakness for jewels and treasure, and when he's around them he can't think of anything else.

Genie
Journal Entry 1: The wacky spirit of the lamp. He spent centuries cooped up in the lamp till Aladdin found him. He must grant three wishes to whoever controls the lamp, even if they are evil.
Journal Entry 2: The spirit of the magic lamp, who has been freed by Aladdin with his third wish. Genie has joined forces with Sora and friends to rescue Jasmine from captivity.

Cave of Wonders Guardian

Red Armor
Journal Entry: A giant Heartless similar to the Guard Armor. It splits into the Armored Torso, Gauntlets, and Hammer Legs, each with the ability of individual movement. Each body part can be found heading a team in a Coliseum tournament.

Bandit
Journal Entry: Heartless that mostly appear in Agrabah. They can travel under the sand. They attack deftly with a long sword. Attack them with caution.

Fat Bandit
Journal Entry: Heartless that mostly appear in Agrabah. They are well-balanced offensively and defensively. Besides strong physical attack, they use fire, and they block attacks against them. Their movement is their weakness.

Pot Spider
Journal Entry: Ordinary pots turned Heartless. They lie in wait as ordinary pots, then reveal themselves and attack when their enemies draw near.

Pot Centipede
Journal Entry: Heartless called by Jafar to stop Aladdin. Its long body is composed of a number of Pot Spiders linked together. Even if its body comes apart, it can regenerate itself by gathering other pots.

Gravity
A spell that forms a miniature event-horizon that crushes its target, reducing their HP by a set fraction and rendering them temporarily defenseless to further attacks.
The fraction of HP depleted by Gravity is based on Sora's magic strength, and it is possible to deal 100% damage if the spell isn't resisted by its target.
Power: (Max MP x 5) + 40%

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Phenomenal cosmic powers, and all Jafar can do for a boss fight is shoot laser beams and throw rocks. Lamest boss in the series.

I also feel like Aladdin kinda takes a backseat in his own world plot, too. Tarzan didn't do much important, but Sora at least believes he knows something worthwhile, and Hercules is used as a gold standard to measure up to. Aladdin is just... here.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, it's Wednesday so that means it is time for more Kingdom Hearts. I will mention that originally I was planning on holding off on doing the update until Friday and doing a little April Fools joke on you guys, but since I couldn't everything working properly I will go ahead and let you know what it was going to be. Originally I was wanting to come on here and post and say I'm sorry it's taking a bit longer to get the video ready but it will be ready on Friday (April 1st, lol). The video that would have been posted was going to be the entire video rendered in reverse and upside down and mirrored. All day on Friday if anyone had posted and said that video appears to be messed up I was going to vehemently deny it and I was going to have Anaxite (who was in on the joke) come in and post and say that the video is fine for him as well. On Saturday I would then have let everyone in on the joke and released the real, correctly rendered videos for all of you to watch. If anyone is interested I was able to get the first 11 minutes of the April Fools episode rendered, so if you want to see it then let me know and I will upload it. Anyways, on with the update for today. Oh and I just notice that I forgot to add the VAs for the last two updates and completely forgot to add Carpet to the list of characters for the last update. That is corrected in the main Journal post which should be the second post of this thread.

Episode 08 - Whales and Mermaids

Episode 08 - Whales and Mermaids - NCOC

Geppetto
English VA: Tony Pope; Jeff Bennett (KH3D)
Japanese VA: Kazuo Kumakura
First Appearance: "Pinocchio" (1940)
Journal Entry 1: The kind, gentle clock maker. All his skill went into making Pinocchio. When the little puppet disappeared, Geppetto set out to find him, but he and his tiny boat were swallowed by Monstro, the whale.
Journal Entry 2: The kind, gentle clock maker. Sora and friends helped him escape from Monstro's belly. These days he's living in Traverse Town and looking forward to the day Pinocchio becomes a real boy.

Ariel
English VA: Jodi Benson
Japanese VA: Mayumi Suzuki
First Appearance: "The Little Mermaid" (1989)
Journal Entry 1: The youngest daughter of Triton, king of Atlantica. Outgoing and full of curiosity, Ariel hates being cooped up in her father's palace. She dreams of visiting the world on land, where people live.
Journal Entry 2: Triton's youngest daughter. Ursula tricked her into helping steal his trident. With help from Sora and the others, all was put right. Still, she'll never stop dreaming of exploring the world outside her father's palace.

Sebastian
English VA: Kevin Michael Richardson
Japanese VA: Kōichi Yamadera
Journal Entry: Triton's concert master, a musical genius. The little crab is also responsible for keeping an eye on Ariel to ensure her safety. Whenever she leaves the palace, he's on pins and needles.

Flounder
English VA: Eli Russell Linnetz (KH1); Parker Goris {KH2)
Japanese VA: Yūki Tokiwa (KH1); Takuya Kaihoko (KH2)
Journal Entry: Ariel's trusted friend. Flounder will do anything for her. He's small and not exactly brave, but he'll never leave Ariel's side, even when it means facing danger.

King Triton
English VA: Kenneth Mars
Japanese VA: Tarō Ishida
Journal Entry: King of Atlantica, who is backed by the power of his trident. He has forbidden Ariel to have any contact with outsiders, which only led to her yearn to grow even stronger.

Flotsam
Japanese VA: Shūichirō Moriyama
Journal Entry: Ursula's lackey, along with Jetsam. An evil moray eel, Flotsam is a smooth talker who loves to deceive. His specialty is using empty promises to lure unsuspecting mermen and mermaids into Ursula's clutches.

Jetsam
Japanese VA: Shūichirō Moriyama
Journal Entry: Ursula's lackey, along with Flotsam. An evil moray eel, Jetsam is a smooth talker who loves to deceive. His specialty is using empty promises to lure unsuspecting mermen and mermaids into Ursula's clutches.

Ursula
English VA: Pat Carroll
Japanese VA: Kujira
Journal Entry 1: An evil sea witch living in a vast cave far from the palace. Has the power to grant wishes, but in return demands a heavy sacrifice. She's trying to oust Triton and take over Atlantica.
Journal Entry 2: She deceived Ariel and stole the trident to take over Atlantica. Using its power, she became an enormous monster and battled Sora, Goofy and Donald.

Search Ghost
Journal Entry: Heartless that mostly appear in Atlantica. They roam in dark areas and emit light from their eye to target their enemies. They can warp from one place to another.

Barrel Spider
Journal Entry: Gunpowder barrel turned Heartless. They charge into their enemies and explode. Any physical impact or fire will set them off.

Sea Neon
Journal Entry: Heartless resembling jellyfish. They swim fast, and attack in numbers. Overall, they are not tough opponents.

Sheltering Zone
Journal Entry: Heartless resembling a jellyfish. You receive damage just from colliding with it. They move slow, but break up into many Sea Neons if struck. They fling their tentacles away to keep their enemies away.

Screwdiver
Journal Entry: Heartless that acts with Aquatank. Unpredictable creatures, dashing forward one minute, cowardly retreating the next. They are invigorated by the sparks from Aquatank.

Aquatank
Journal Entry: Heartless resembling a fish that calmly swim the seas. They are often carrying Screwdivers. Leisurely large creatures that do not attack unless provoked.

Parasite Cage
Journal Entry: Heartless that appeared inside Monstro. It's known to swallow its enemies. Sora and the others rescue Pinocchio, who was trapped inside it.

Stop
Just like it says on the tin it will stop enemies in place. As the rank of Stop increases to Stopra and then Stopga, its range and duration increase.
Duration: Sora's Max MP + 2 (in seconds)

Thundara
The improved Thunder magic with greater Area of Effect.
Power: (Max MP x 2) + 18

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 30, 2022

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Phenomenal cosmic powers, and all Jafar can do for a boss fight is shoot laser beams and throw rocks. Lamest boss in the series.

I also feel like Aladdin kinda takes a backseat in his own world plot, too. Tarzan didn't do much important, but Sora at least believes he knows something worthwhile, and Hercules is used as a gold standard to measure up to. Aladdin is just... here.

I feel like him skipping the "I want to be the best sorcerer" wish really bit him in the rear end.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Atlantica really is the worst world in the game. It's not the underwater combat adding in a Z-axis that really bothers me, or even Under the Sea on repeat. It's the combat system being trimmed down to just Sora's basic combo and limited casts of whatever mid-game magic you have at present. Underwater combat completely negates the ability to use special moves or any of the new Final Mix skills, so it makes every battle as dull as possible.

Silegna posted:

I feel like him skipping the "I want to be the best sorcerer" wish really bit him in the rear end.

:hmmyes:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Well, well, well. I see you have returned for more Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix. Very well, I shall provide you with the next episode.

Episode 09 - Halloween Party (Part 1)
Episode 09 - Halloween Party (Part 2)

Episode 09 - Halloween Party (Part 1) - NCOC
Episode 09 - Halloween Party (Part 2) - NCOC

Captain James T. Hook
Japanese VA: Chikao Ōtsuka (KH, CoM); Naoya Uchida (BbS)
First Appearance: "Peter Pan" (1953)
Journal Entry 1: The pirate who is working with the Heartless to pay revenge to Peter Pan, who caused him to lose his left hand. He is as arrogant as a pirate can be, but hides away when the crocodile comes close. With the Heartless' powers, he can travel to many other worlds.
Journal Entry 2: The pirate with a grudge against Peter Pan, who caused him to lose his hand to the crocodile. He threw in his lot with Maleficent and the Heartless, but ended up being chased over the horizon by the crocodile.

Mr. Smee
English VA: Jeff Bennett
Japanese VA: Kazuo Kumakura
Journal Entry: Hook's first mate. He lives to take orders from Hook, but he's as slow-witted as Hook is obnoxious.

Peter Pan
English VA:
Japanese VA: Mitsuo Iwata (KH, CoM);
Journal Entry: The flying boy from Neverland, where no one ever grows up. He can be stubborn, but he's also fearless and has a strong sense of justice. He snuck on board Hook's ship to rescue Wendy, who was kidnapped.

Tinker Bell
Journal Entry 1: The little pixie of Neverland. She's Peter Pan's loyal partner, but she has a short fuse, and she's very jealous of any girl who gets near Peter. With a little of her pixie dust, you can fly... if you believe.
Journal Entry 2: The little pixie from Neverland. Peter Pan asked her to accompany Sora and friends on their quest, but she's anxious to see Peter. She can restore party's HP, and prevents Sora from being defeated, though only once.

Wendy Darling
English VA: Kathryn Beaumont
Japanese VA: Yuriko Fuchizaki
Journal Entry: A dreamy girl whose wish to visit Neverland came true. Peter Pan showed her the way, but she got caught up in Hook's vendetta against Peter, and was kidnapped by Hook.

Crocodile
Journal Entry: A seagoing reptile big enough to swallow a man whole—and he's always hungry! He got a taste of Hook once and never forgot it. Hook can tell when he's near by the sound of the clock ticking away in his stomach.

The Mayor
English VA: Jeff Bennett (KH1); Glenn Shadix (KH2)
Japanese VA: Tōru Ōhira
First Appearance: "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas" (1993)
Journal Entry: The two-faced mayor of Halloween Town. He switches from his happy face to his sad face depending on his mood, which changes constantly. He's working with Jack to make this year's festival the best ever.

Jack Skellington
English VA: ;Chris Sarandon
Japanese VA: Masachika Ichimura
Journal Entry: The pumpkin king. He loves to scare people out of their wits. Headstrong, confident, and likes grand gestures. Now he's working night and day to make this year's Halloween festival the greatest ever.

Dr. Finkelstein
English VA: Jess Harnell
Japanese VA: Yūji Mitsuya
Journal Entry: The mad scientist who created a "heart" to help Jack control the Heartless' dancing. Sally is another of his creations. She helps him around the lab, but she'd much rather spend time with Jack.

Zero
Journal Entry: Jack's ghost dog. He comes out of his grave whenever Jack calls. He's very loyal to his master and loves it when Jack plays with him.

Sally
English VA: Kath Soucie
Japanese VA: Yūko Doi
Journal Entry: Dr. Finkelstein's creation. She's patched together from parts that sometimes come off and move about on their own. She loves Jack and tries to steer him in the right direction, though it doesn't always work.

Lock
English VA: Jess Harnell
Japanese VA: Shintarō Sonooka
Journal Entry: The ringleader of the trio that includes Shock and Barrel. Their walking bathtub helps them get around while they commit all kinds of mischief. They sometimes help Oogie, but they're not really fond of him.

Shock
English VA: Kath Soucie
Japanese VA: Yūko Doi
Journal Entry: Along with Lock and Barrel, she's part of Oogie Boogie's plot to take over Halloween Town. Shock is the most cunning member of the trio. She keeps her cool when the other two are losing it.

Barrel
English VA: Jeff Bennett
Japanese VA: Shigeo Matsuzawa
Journal Entry: A member of the trio that includes Lock and Shock. He's a little slow, and often ends up as the butt of his partners' pranks and practical jokes.

Oogie Boogie
English VA: Ken Page
Japanese VA: Hiroshi Hatanaka
Journal Entry 1: This evil bag of bugs wants Jack out of town so he can take over. To further his plot, he's after the heart Dr. Finkelstein created, and he's sent Lock, Shock and Barrel to steal it.
Journal Entry 2: The villain who tried to take over Halloween Town. The heart he stole from Dr. Finkelstein attracted the Heartless, and the result was his doom.

Gigas Shadow
Journal Entry: A large Heartless similar to a Shadow. Like its predecessor, it's quite persistent and will chase its target around. If it just does the littlest amount of damage to Sora, it will fade out of sheer happiness.

Pot Scorpion
Journal Entry: An ordinary pot turned Heartless by the power of darkness. Unlike the Pot Spider, its pot is tough as nails. A simple attack won't be enough to make it cry for mercy. It emanates poisonous fumes as it attacks its prey.

Grand Ghost
Journal Entry: A Heartless similar to the Search Ghost, often spotted within Monstro. Weapon attacks do no damage, only causing items to drop. Approach the phantom and use said items for a startling discovery.

Pirate
Journal Entry: Heartless that mostly appear in Neverland. They are quite combative with their swords. They often just focus on the enemies in front, making them vulnerable to attacks from behind.

Shadow Sora

Air Pirate
Journal Entry: Winged Heartless that mostly appear in Neverland. They are extremely combative and are hardly ever caught off guard. They attack with martial-arts-like techniques.

Battleship
Journal Entry: Heartless that fused together with a pirate ship. They attack with homing and magic projectiles. Attack them at close range.

Wight Knight
Journal Entry: Heartless that mostly appear in Halloween Town. Their jerky, dancelike attack moves are fairly easy to dodge, but cause large damage.

Gargoyle
Journal Entry: Winged Heartless that mostly appears in Halloween Town. They can move from one place to another almost without notice. Since they are prone to sneak attack, they often get caught off guard by counter attacks.

Rare Truffle
Journal Entry: Non-attacking Heartless that are rarely found. They like to jump, so helping them stay in the air may bring good things.

Cura
It's Cure but better.
Power: (Max MP x 3) + 27

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 6, 2022

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I'm really glad 2 did away with worlds that were not guaranteed to there like Monstro. I'm also imagining that the "no summons" rule in coliseum was because Phil saw Yuna bring out Ifrit during a tournament and was like "Oh gently caress no, never allowing this again!"

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey, Hey, I have two bonus episodes for you guys this week. No plot stuff in these so you can skip them if you want to, but for those who are interested they show off all of the Red, Green and Blue Trinity marks up through Neverland as well as every possible treasure chest that isn't from a Yellow or White Trinity mark. We also get introduced to our newest summon, Genie!

Bonus Episode - Treasure Hunt Part 1
Bonus Episode - Treasure Hunt Part 2

Jet Balloon
Journal Entry: A Heartless similar to the Aquatank. It flies through the air with tremendous speed. Chasing it will lead to a perilous aerial battle as it unloads its Missile Driver attack, an attack similar to the Screwdriver. Its heinous nature attracts them to prey who carry lots of munny.

Chimaera
Journal Entry: A Heartless wandering the streets of Halloween Town. Generally a slow-paced creature, it attacks quickly and relentlessly when angered. Armed with various abilities such as summoning Gargoyles, one must use this creature's own tricks against it.

Alright this is the first time we are talking about Summons. To be honest they work very similarly to a combination of summons from before FFX and the summons from FFXII. What I mean is that when you summon help it replaces your party members (except for when Tinker Bell, who is a special case) and they hang around for a while and you tell them to attack but they will also only hang around for so long. Honestly, the closest comparison would probably be to how summons work in the FFVII Remake. Anyways, let's talk about our current summon list.

Simba
Proud Roar: After charging up, Simba let's loose a roar for damage dependent on charge time. If you charge up 1 or 2 units you will get a normal type Proud Roar attack. Charge up 3 or 4 units for a KO type Proud Roar attack that can stun enemies. Charge up a full 5 units for a Gravity type Proud Roar attack (over 300% damage) that eliminates every enemy on the map.

Genie
Showtime: Lock-on to a target and the Showtime command will become available in the 4th slot in Sora's command menu. Use Showtime and Genie will perform a continuous stream of attacks. Genie will hit all enemies within a given range, as indicated by his face icon on the targets. Using Showtime decreases Genie's MP gauge by 1 MP. Genie's Showtime is a combination of different attacks. Genie casts Gravity, Thunder, and Stop magic, and also shoots out pink, yellow, and blue energy balls. The yellow energy ball sometimes stuns enemies. The pink and blue energy balls are normal type attacks.

Tinker Bell
Regen + Autolife: When Tinker Bell heals a party member, the amount of HP recovered is equal to Sora's MP stat. Tinker Bell rotates between your 3 party members, healing one person at a time. She heals someone about once every 2 seconds. Tinker Bell prevents Sora from being KO'd, but only once. If Sora's HP falls to zero, Tinker Bell immediately restores all of Sora's HP and leaves the battle. There is no delay in the battle when Tinker Bell revives Sora.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 8, 2022

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Alright, so I'm really late on this. But THIS was Kingdom Hearts VCast. It was a phone game for Verizon flip phones. It had tank controls. With platforming.

The combat was as this picture shows.

There was input delay on EVERYTHING. It has no music. Just sound effects. It has like, 3 worlds total, and Maleficent was supposed to be the big bad.

It was supposed to take place between specific worlds, but it ended up being scrapped.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The one Kingdom Hearts game that isn't canon.

Yet.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hate to do this but there will be no new episode this week. I had completely intended to have the episode out today but OBS decided to be a butt and screw up the audio recording. It combined the Discord call audio and game audio into one track. The ironic(?, not sure if that is the right word) thing is that it didn't capture my audio in the Discord call. So we are having to re-record episode 10 this weekend so it can be posted a week from today. I really apologize for this, but I promise that I will do better next time.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Surprise, there is a new episode today. There will actually be three (technically two) episodes this week. Today's episode is episode 10 part 1. Part 2 will be on Thursday and a bonus on Saturday episode wrapping up the remaining Trinity marks (Yellow and White) and the treasure chests from Hollow Bastion. We will be going back to the normal schedule next week for episode 11.

Episode 10 - The Wicked Witch (Part 1)

Episode 10 - The Wicked Witch (Part 1) - NCOC

Beast
English VA: Robby Benson
Japanese VA: Kōichi Yamadera
First Appearance: "Beauty and the Beast" (1991)
Journal Entry: A prince who was changed into a hideous beast because of his selfish heart. Belle has helped heal the loneliness he's suffered due to his ugliness. To save Belle, he made his way to Hollow Bastion alone.

Defender
Journal Entry: Heartless that mostly appear in Hollow Bastion. They carry an eerie shield with a face that casts Fire and Blizzard and bites nearby enemies.
Useful Tip: These Heartless can (rarely) drop a pretty good shield for Goofy as one of their drops.

Darkball
Journal Entry: Heartless born purely out of darkness. Their movements are unpredictable, as they often make sudden moves and attacks.

Wyvern
Journal Entry: Giant Heartless that attack from the air. They are quite swift for their size and are hard to attack, especially while they are high in the air. Counterattacking when they come down would be most effective.

Wizard
Journal Entry: Heartless that attack with various powerful spells. Eludes enemy attacks by teleporting, making them tough to beat.
Useful Tip: These Heartless can (rarely) drop a pretty good staff for Donald as one of their drops.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

And how about that, it is time for part 2 of episode 10.

Episode 10 - The Wicked Witch (Part 2)

Episode 10 - The Wicked Witch (Part 2) - NCOC

Ansem, Seeker of Darkness
English VA: Billy Zane (KH, COM)
Japanese VA: Akio Ōtsuka
Journal Entry 1: A researcher who studied the Heartless and delved into secrets of the worlds. He organized his findings into a single volume known as Ansem's report. When he inexplicably vanished, most of its pages were scattered to the winds.
Journal Entry 2: As a researcher and ruler of his world, he studied the Heartless and delved into the many secrets of the worlds. While studying the heart and the darkness within it, he was possessed by darkness and ultimately destroyed his own world. He sacrificed his body to attain great power and later possessed Riku's to regain a physical presence. Failure to stop him means the end of all worlds.