Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bawitdaba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i hate you

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

:discourse:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Nuke All The Orientals
Never Admit To Omnicide
North America's Toy Operation

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

paul_soccer12 posted:

BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
my classmates already figured No Action, Talk Only when we were 14

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
if they didn't want it then why do they live in torNATO alley

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

make a gif of it so the lines sticking out rotate to forma swastika

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So how many self-defense wars did NATO fight so far in the organization history?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

lol

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO, /ˈneɪtoʊ/; French: Organisation du traité de l'Atlantique nord, OTAN), also called the North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 27 European countries, 2 North American countries, and 1 Eurasian country. The organization implements the North Atlantic Treaty that was signed on 4 April 1949.[3][4]

NATO constitutes a system of collective security, whereby its independent member states agree to mutual defense in response to an attack by any external party. The NATO headquarters are located in Brussels, Belgium, while the headquarters of Allied Command Operations is near Mons, Belgium.

Since its founding, the admission of new member states has increased the alliance from the original 12 countries to 30. The most recent member state to be added to NATO was North Macedonia on 27 March 2020. NATO currently recognizes Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, and Ukraine as aspiring members.[5] An additional 20 countries participate in NATO's Partnership for Peace programme, with 15 other countries involved in institutionalized dialogue programmes. The combined military spending of all NATO members in 2020 constituted over 57% of the global nominal total.[6] Members agreed that their aim is to reach or maintain the target defence spending of at least 2% of their GDP by 2024.

sounds neato

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

NICE
rear end in a top hat,
TAINT
OPTIMUM

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

nato these balls

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

National Anarchist & Tankie Organization

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Nazis and Truman Organize

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Nazi Arming and Training Organization

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
No rear end, Taken Orally

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008
nato o’rourke

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lmafao

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

NATO is actually a great organization. It's the only thing us (the west) have to combat the growing threat of Chinese and Russian imperialism.

yep

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
one NATO cheese special please

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

lmao

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

hi im nate-o, welcome to statsass

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea are potential menbers!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea are potential menbers!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
ˈneɪtoʊ

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the important thing to remember is that every war, especially those that don't happen, is about nato, the freedom it provides, and the funding it needs.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

quote:

Adolf Bruno Heinrich Ernst Heusinger (4 August 1897 – 30 November 1982) was a German military officer, whose career spanned the German Empire, the Weimar Republic, Nazi Germany and West Germany. Heusinger joined the German Army as a volunteer in 1915 and later became a professional soldier. He served as the Operations Chief within general staff of the High Command of the German Army in the Nazi German Armed Forces from 1938 to 1944, before being appointed acting chief of the general staff for two weeks in 1944 after his predecessor (Kurt Zeitzler) resigned his post due to a nervous breakdown. He was then appointed head of the military cartography office when the war ended. He later became a general for West Germany and served as head of the West German military from 1957 to 1961 as well as Chairman of the NATO Military Committee from 1961 to 1964.

:dogwhistle:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

that guy was also involved in secret efforts to rebuild the Nazi military after the war which were then folded into the creation of West Germany's actual military

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

🌐🌐🌐

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

🏴🏴🏴

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
NATO is NEATO