Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

In this video, Joshua finds out who is standing behind the door and has a ten-minute chat with them, then proceeds to go and have fun in a virtual amusement park. I'm in two minds about re-recording this episode, my youngest is staying with me for a few nights so while recording this the lights were down low and I was misreading my notes and my voice was instinctively lowered and it shows in the recording. I restarted recording this video several times due to some early errors, there are a couple of minor ones in this video but nothing too horrendous. If the volume of my commentary is an issue for anyone let me know and I'll try again tomorrow.

There is another long cutscene at the end of this video but I decided to chop it in half.

I decided to check the coin situation again after recording: It was a half silver that we picked up and it was three coins for two skulls, but we somehow ended up with six coins.

You may find some enjoyment in this update. I was hoping for a third-occasion but we can't win them all.

It's a really strange phrasing but I distinctly remember him saying that he received three credits. The writing in this game is really bad. They should have just done away with half-credits and just multiplied everything by 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

This is the final part of the cyberspace section and the penultimate video of this LP. It's already been established that Joshua has a bit of a skewed view of women and this video doesn't really help with that impression at all. I do have a lot of fondness for this game but I'm not fond of its lack of clues for solving puzzles, I'm less of a fan of the times in this game where it gives you the clue to solving a puzzle straight after you have just solved it. I will most likely be recording and uploading the final video for this LP within the next couple of days.

Josh really feels like some horny teenager playing a d&d module. Bald guy with scars and a nice jacket, trying to hit on all the ladies, feels like everyone is treating him like trash and the world is lucky that he's around to fix this mess.

Also, it must be boring as heck to be the secretary doing work in VR. It's crazy technology if you can still be affected by poison, much less derive pleasure from eating chocolates. I guess it's true... you die in the game, you die in real life.

Funny enough, this is the second adventure game I've seen where you are a handsome rogue who needs to outwit a female secretary, and flirting was considered a possible option. It was Rise of the Dragon by Sierra Dynamix. It, too, had a bit of a dystopian future kind of look as well.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I think one of the artists really wanted to do a horror theme park. I mean, we've seen a nightclub, a zoo, a theme park, and an office building. To be honest, some of them were pretty inspired.

I get the feeling that someone was just given orders to do whatever 3D environment they wanted to make, and they would somehow fashion a story that includes all of it.

Kinda reminds me of Sanitarium, another adventure game whose settings are as disjointed as this one.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I thought he was finally going to take off those sunglasses in the end but no... he was only adjusting them.