Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/wDPrFX5.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://www.salon.com/2022/09/29/resident-alien-sexually-positive/

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/W3B3zMq.gifv

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

moist turtleneck posted:

also I'm rewatching the pilot and god drat the show started off strong
Maybe it's rose-tinted memory, but Tudyk acted less like a moron in the first season, which changes the tone quite a bit.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Maybe it's rose-tinted memory, but Tudyk acted less like a moron in the first season, which changes the tone quite a bit.

Someone upthread mentioned that they're allowing him more improv this season which is probably responsible for that. I just noticed that his delivery of everything is kind of the same in the last couple episodes.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There was also the traumatic brain injury at the start of season 2

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I misremembered D'Arcy and Harry as having had sex in the first season and thought she was pretty casual about having slept with an alien. But also that's how she rolls.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sorry for bumping when there’s no new news (afaik) for when s3 is back.

Coming to the end of s2 now and the stuff with the alien trackers son is throwing me, I think I must’ve missed something in one of the earlier episodes with him. Tracker said the aliens would zap him up to see him while he had the implant before Harry took it, but once he was freed he talked about just going back to his regular life. What life is that?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I assume regular life of hunting aliens but I can't really remember how that part went which means I need to rewatch season 2

Still thinking about the train scene lol

Also new season of always sunny has a bowling league ep and so does the new resident alien

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Er, according to partner the son had a normal life with different parents and the aliens would zap up the father and son together to see each other

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

moist turtleneck posted:

Er, according to partner the son had a normal life with different parents and the aliens would zap up the father and son together to see each other

I’m going to accept that and not think about it any further ha. Thanks.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I think they allude to that with the mayor at the end but I definitely didn't catch it

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

I assume regular life of hunting aliens but I can't really remember how that part went which means I need to rewatch season 2

Same. I can't recall a lot of season 2's weirder details

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honestly considering not watching season 3

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Honestly considering not watching season 3

drat, I remember you being really into season two at one point. What changed?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

From the sounds of it, season 3 will be short and be the last.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

drat, I remember you being really into season two at one point. What changed?

I was really disinterested in a lot of where the plot went in the last few episodes of s2 and am also trying to drop shows where I don’t remember very much of the last season when it premieres (for instance Godfather of Harlem which isn’t even a bad show I just didn’t remember what the heck happened in seasons 1 and 2)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season 2 was definitely a step down from the first one. Too much focus on the townsfolk and their various subplots, not enough just Harry.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I like the townsfolk, but I thought the plotting became really poor. Particularly in the back half; I swear half the plot involving the town next door happened via people reporting off-screen action.

And didn't they wrap up the whole plot with the bad guy company basically the same way? Oh whoops, that was all handled between episodes, don't think about it.

Think, instead, about Darcy's pain killer dependency. That's a good use of everyone's time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

muscles like this! posted:

Season 2 was definitely a step down from the first one. Too much focus on the townsfolk and their various subplots, not enough just Harry.

Yeah usually I’m not for shortened season orders, but a 16 episode run did s2 no favors. Fun side characters were dragged out way too thin and started becoming a drag.

I’m hoping they received the short and final order info in time to write a really tight conclusion now, we’ll see.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Breaking up S2 into two halls killed the momentum for me and my wife. We loved S1 and mostly enjoyed the front half of 2 but we just kind of couldn't be bothered to track down when the back half was starting up again.

Same happens for every show that tries it lately. The back half just seems to get less ad support.

I'm sure doing this way worked for shows 10-15 years ago when commercials were still a part of everyday life and there was more channel loyalty.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3xGm8rSX20

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I can’t believe it wasn’t filmed and shitcanned for a tax write off.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I think NBC Universal has yet to go crazy with the Zaslav Maneuver

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Seasons one and two are coming to Netflix the day before season 3 premieres.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That will be good because I would recommend it to people but there was no easy way to watch it

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Any time I mention Peacock to someone I can tell it takes them a bit to process the name and remember that it's a streaming service.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

That will be good because I would recommend it to people but there was no easy way to watch it

Easiest, cheapest, piracy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The s3 premiere was very enjoyable!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oops dang it I know I missed something last night

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Okay yeah that was a good ep

The owls are not what they seem

They are very sexy

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Did they recast Enver Gjokaj :mad:

edit: goon face blindness strikes again

Argue fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Feb 16, 2024

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lmao this is such a dumb fun show

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Such a square face.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
First two episodes of Season 3 feel like a return to Season 1 quality. I hope the rest of the season holds up and they either get another or they wrap things up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

They got their episodes reduced from 12 to 8. Not looking great.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Didn’t they already say this is the last season?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I hope so, these kinds of shows really need to have limited seasons to shine

I haven't watched this week's ep but last week did indeed feel a lot like a season 1 ep and that's Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Fartington Butts posted:

Didn’t they already say this is the last season?

I swear this was the case, but a goon called me out on it in the Chat thread and then I couldn't find any data to back it up. So maybe they're right then.

The shortened season is not a good sign for future seasons though, no.