Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Resident Alien, a SyFy show
An alien crashes his ship in Colorado during his mission to wipe us all out with a "device". Knowing he'll have to spend some time finding his ship's parts his kills a vacationing doctor and assumes his appearance. Due to some coincidental circumstances he becomes the town doctor of Patience, CO. Will he put his ship back together and destroy humanity or will the people of Patience win him over? I bet you can't guess!

Most importantly this show is Alan Tudyk acting his rear end off.

Season 1 premiered January 27, 2021
Season 2 just premiered on January 26, 2022 and here is its trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhS_auCaxQY

Cast

Alan Tudyk as Dr. Harry Vanderspiegel - Also the alien with an unpronounceable name

Sara Tomko as Asta Twelvetrees - Assistant nurse to the town doctor

Corey Reynolds as Mike Thompson - Town sheriff, not so capable

Alice Wetterlund as D'arcy Bloom - Runs the town bar, Asta's best friend

Levi Fiehler as Ben Hawthorne - Town mayor

Judah Prehn as Max Hawthorne - Mayor's son and the only person that can see through Henry's disguise

Elizabeth Bowen as Liv Baker - Sherrif's deputy, actually capable

Where can I watch this poo poo?
SYFY on Wednesdays while new episodes are airing if that's your jam
Peacock is probably best place to stream it
Fubo is up to date according to just watch
or buy it at the usual places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This took 3 times longer to post that it should have because my cat saw that I was typing and of course that's a crime.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Could be due to that head trauma? But yeah the poo poo he pulled with the bunker was kinda dumb.

Also if Tudyk is doing a crossed eye to pull off that lazy eye look all the time while he's acting I applaud it. I can't do anything else when I cross my eyes.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Just give Tudyk some drat awards.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Regardless of actors improvising more, the second season seems all over the place so far.

All the Ben sub-plots don't seem necessary. BDSM thing, D'arcy kiss, video competition with that other town.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

"Don't bum my stone, man."

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The "butter sauce with a nice chardonnay" scene had me lolin

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Holy poo poo I was about to type poo poo about how bad the fight scenes were shot and then that happened

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I am very sick with Ben’s poo poo, though. Maybe it’s because I’m currently learning how to be better at dealing with people, but it just annoys me.

And Asta’s dad was in Vietnam? Dude should be much better older.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The only music they play at the party in this episode is Scrubs end-of-episode music.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This is turning into such a soap opera.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

How many episodes is this season supposed to be? I just re-read the thread and saw that the next season is gonna be 12 episodes. Is this gonna be an 8 and 4 split season because that's real weird. Especially because the plot is kinda treading water right now.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Maybe it's rose-tinted memory, but Tudyk acted less like a moron in the first season, which changes the tone quite a bit.

Someone upthread mentioned that they're allowing him more improv this season which is probably responsible for that. I just noticed that his delivery of everything is kind of the same in the last couple episodes.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

I assume regular life of hunting aliens but I can't really remember how that part went which means I need to rewatch season 2

Same. I can't recall a lot of season 2's weirder details

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3xGm8rSX20

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I think NBC Universal has yet to go crazy with the Zaslav Maneuver

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Seasons one and two are coming to Netflix the day before season 3 premieres.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Any time I mention Peacock to someone I can tell it takes them a bit to process the name and remember that it's a streaming service.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Didn’t they already say this is the last season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Had to hunt down who played that person at the end of episode 3: