Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
He looks pretty happy, like he's having a chuckle at the tasty little planets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flamester
Dec 30, 2012

Smythe posted:

this guys looks cool. he got any special abilities?

They teleport through time though they are stuck at the end of the teleport for a bit.They attack by freezing things in time until they are removed from the time stream, and this can be done on friendly units as well to protect them from being damaged or captured, if you stop the attack order, and since they stop existing instead of being killed, no rubble left behind, no explosions on death. They are as good as you can micro.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
This makes me want to fire up Battle Realms again, though it has a lot of issues running on modern windows.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Lots of cool units ITT but

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

ZearothK posted:

I love the Krogoth but it was so so bad, you could've just built so many goddamn nukes instead.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Vakal posted:

This makes me want to fire up Battle Realms again, though it has a lot of issues running on modern windows.

The original dev went back and rereleased it on Steam, it should work fine.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1025600/Battle_Realms_Zen_Edition/

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

ey I'm capturin' bases ova here

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
The turtle monster from black and white hands down. Actually maybe the cow

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Mordja posted:

The original dev went back and rereleased it on Steam, it should work fine.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1025600/Battle_Realms_Zen_Edition/

o hshit nice

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ZearothK posted:

Chills

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vakal posted:

This game looks really sexy and I’m getting really really horny now =(

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

beggar posted:

ey I'm capturin' bases ova here

Counterpoint: When u hear NOD's obelisk frying your guys from halfway across the map :gibs: :gibs: :gibs: :gibs: :gibs:

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Node posted:

Siege tanks? Their wimpy little cannon shoots out wet farts that bounce off the armor of the Teutonic Knight.

(Age of Empires 2)

The Teutonic Knight should be the next killer in Dead By Daylight. Its voice lines should just be 11, 8, 13, and 24.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Seconded. Kirov reporting? Absolutely, come right in.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

This little motherfucker goes hard

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Flamester posted:

They teleport through time though they are stuck at the end of the teleport for a bit.They attack by freezing things in time until they are removed from the time stream, and this can be done on friendly units as well to protect them from being damaged or captured, if you stop the attack order, and since they stop existing instead of being killed, no rubble left behind, no explosions on death. They are as good as you can micro.

this sounbds cool but also confusing

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i don't know how rise of legends would hold up if it was possible to buy and play now but you could shoot an arabian nights city with the spider from wild wild west

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Relax Or DIE posted:

i don't know how rise of legends would hold up if it was possible to buy and play now but you could shoot an arabian nights city with the spider from wild wild west

Holy poo poo that's rad.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Relax Or DIE posted:

It's still real dope, I was just playing it a couple months ago, just compstomps.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
but pre-Firestorm.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mordja posted:

but pre-Firestorm.

these were absolutely nuts lol

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

these were absolutely nuts lol

Even after they were nerfed they still deformed the terrain where they hit which usually hosed up the opponent's units already shakey pathfinding.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Weeellll butter mah biscuit!!!!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Gaius Marius posted:

the other faction's version of this loving sucked and makes me mad

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Gaius Marius posted:

Peewees own

and you could easily counter a Krogoth (theyre badass I wont argue that) with a bunch of the laser snipers as ARM. You need a lot though

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Peewee rush is why ARM canonicaly won, and the expansion was about CORE's sole surviving commander.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Elfface posted:

Peewee rush is why ARM canonicaly won, and the expansion was about CORE's sole surviving commander.

would love to learn more about TA lore.. from the experts

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mordja posted:

but pre-Firestorm.

soz can u tell me some more about this unit?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

WarpedLichen posted:

I love the Krogoth but it was so so bad, you could've just built so many goddamn nukes instead.

that's why it is a mistake on the magnitude of installing AOL to let your opponent build one

also yeah, the AK sucked in comparison to the Peewee. Early game rush go pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew

Smythe posted:

would love to learn more about TA lore.. from the experts

You see, there were four kingdoms ruled by Garacaius' magical children and they all hated each other and fought all the time, so Garacaius went far away and built robots and many centuries later the robots came to kick his children's rear end so they put their differences aside and destroyed the robots.

[edit] Also the CORE commander had a plan to destroy the entire galaxy while being encased in an indestructible forcefield with the intent to walk out of it to rebuild the galaxy once the ARM was destroyed. This is a canon ending because we clearly didn't get Total Annihilation 2

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 5, 2022

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

TA lore makes W40k look positively uplifting.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
TA was great because you could eject the CD after loading and swap it out with a music CD. incredible technology for the time.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If people had chosen TA over the garbage known as StarCraft rts would still be a respectable genre, and more importantly DOTAlikes wouldn't exist.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

TA was great because you could eject the CD after loading and swap it out with a music CD. incredible technology for the time.

TA music owned though, so why would you do that?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gaius Marius posted:

If people had chosen TA over the garbage known as StarCraft rts would still be a respectable genre, and more importantly DOTAlikes wouldn't exist.

You have no idea how much I 100% agree with all of this

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I lie awake at night thinking about it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gaius Marius posted:

Mordja posted:

You have no idea how much I 100% agree with all of this

Mordja posted:

I lie awake at night thinking about it.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Mammoth Mk. II from Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Yeah well TA shoulda had a loving Siege Tank then.