Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A lot of gang members do the exact same genocidal work as the Chinese police, voluntarily without pay, and then suck cops dicks to get good again. A lot of gang members get real upset when cops get hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A lot of people hit up their insurance thousands of times a day to get “good”, which does nothing anymore. They just take the puts off for a little while until they want another read.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

op, maybe you should talk to someone professionally about this?

idk. it’s easy to feel powerless and dissociate when reading about the world but there’s plenty of small things you can do that make an impact on your community. maybe you could try some volunteer work cleaning litter or help at a food bank?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

syntaxfunction posted:

Had another person offer to touch my peepee tonight, so I guess I'm nicer than I thought!

im your urologist so i dont count

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

ChubbyChecker posted:

im your urologist so i dont count

It didn't count during the appointment but it counts when you offered to do it after a date when we were done mister!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

syntaxfunction posted:

It didn't count during the appointment but it counts when you offered to do it after a date when we were done mister!

well played

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A lot of gang members ain’t gang no more, but a lot of gang members let them carry on.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rick from nudeweb seems like a good person.

Endless-Rain
Nov 25, 2004
I am happy if you have enjoyed!
Sounds good to me OP, give a drat about the things you actually give a drat about.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Honestly op, that laundry list of qualifiers based entirely around music scene affiliation sounds about right for gen x apathy and detachment.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I started thinking a lot aboht this maybe 2 months into working out 3+ times a week lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol, my neurotic behavior pays off

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

frogge posted:

Honestly op, that laundry list of qualifiers based entirely around music scene affiliation sounds about right for gen x apathy and detachment.

Yeah it’s this

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Never. I'm bad to the bone. (I got bad bones, so I'm a bad person.)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm a vampire

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drewsky posted:

Yeah it’s this

i mean sure gen x is known for its apathy, but i think gen xers had WAAAAAAAAAAY more empathy than the current generation. we are living in the age of narcissists now... but that makes sense.. their parents are the gen exers.

personally i have too much empathy and i wish to not care anymore. i will gladly give extra to someone in need.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

gently caress you. Got mine.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Cosmic Thing posted:

rick from nudeweb seems like a good person.

The guy who made the line em up thread is probably a bad guy though

The General
Mar 4, 2007

AcidCat posted:

Coming of age in the late 80's/early 90's, it was a different time. Morality was for the religious fringe, and to be mocked. Our concerns were what music genres you listened to, how you dressed, what drugs you did and how much booze you could drink. We cared about our own curated social circles and scorned all others. This being Southern California, this was not about race or sexual orientation, enjoying the wrong kind of music would make you a pariah, the Other, all other differences that take primacy these days were almost irrelevant.

Yes this is called being a teenager. Ideally you grow up and learn to have things like compassion for other people, and the decency not to throw your beercans allover the road and peoples lawns.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

about 7000 years ago, moron

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You should always try to be a good person. Who cares if it's "popular" or not. (I don't think it is)

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You should always try to be a good person. Who cares if it's "popular" or not. (I don't think it is)

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrQwerty posted:

The guy who made the line em up thread is probably a bad guy though

link? I was gone for awhile... may have missed that one.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I think a lot of people prioritize being a "Person who is always correct" over being a "good person"

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

here's an example of where i don't care

joe rogan's an idiot and said some stupid covid stuff so some musicians are doing a boycott of spotify which sponsors/owns his podcast.

i don't care. spotify is an easy way to listen find all music i can think of and i can't be bothered changing unrelated things about my life according to who is an idiot on the the other side of the world, especially when my actions will have absolutely zero effect on the apparent problem.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think a lot of people prioritize being a "Person who is always correct" over being a "good person"

oh god.. i mean im smart.. im right a lot but ill be the first to sit and listen when im proven wrong or when someone has constructive criticism for me.. its about growth and trying to be the best person I can be (tho LOL im so far from it these days).. not being "right." idk.

like "proven wrong" meaning about facts tho. I have some friends that I can get into healthy debates with about debatable issues and honestly most of the time the challenge of a different perspective on those issues helps widen my perspective.. you know instead of just digging deeper grooves into what i "think" is the right stance on the issue.

Cosmic Thing fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 5, 2022

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Cosmic Thing posted:

oh god.. i mean im smart.. im right a lot but ill be the first to sit and listen when im proven wrong or when someone has constructive criticism for me.. its about growth and trying to be the best person I can be (tho LOL im so far from it these days).. not being "right." idk.

The answer is to search within toward your basest motivations

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

roomtone posted:

joe rogan's an idiot and said some stupid covid stuff so some musicians are doing a boycott of spotify which sponsors/owns his podcast.

i don't care. spotify is an easy way to listen find all music i can think of and i can't be bothered changing unrelated things about my life according to who is an idiot on the the other side of the world, especially when my actions will have absolutely zero effect on the apparent problem.

Not taking part in a quasi- protest doesn't make you a bad person. There are TONS AND TONS AND TONS of issues out there and not being an active participant in every one doesn't make you bad. Even though lots of people will say that you are because you aren't 100% into their cause. It's literally impossible to keep up with it all.

You just try to do what you can when you can. It really is the little decisions that make you a good person. Not the epic altruistic society changing types. Just try to be good to your fellow human.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

gen x again telling everyone how much they dont care

if you really didnt care you wouldnt post about this at all op

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

AcidCat posted:

Coming of age in the late 80's/early 90's, it was a different time. Morality was for the religious fringe, and to be mocked. Our concerns were what music genres you listened to, how you dressed, what drugs you did and how much booze you could drink. We cared about our own curated social circles and scorned all others. This being Southern California, this was not about race or sexual orientation, enjoying the wrong kind of music would make you a pariah, the Other, all other differences that take primacy these days were almost irrelevant.

This crucible infects and informs my daily mores still to this day.

Am I a "Good Person"?

I don't care about things that don't directly affect me. Climate Change? Who gives a gently caress unless my home is flooded and my PS5 rendered inert due to water damage. Homeless? Whatever. Your life, your problem. Voting? Politics? Disengaged, can't muster an emotion. Just not down with OPP, Other People's Problems.

I guess I'm a monster, but I really don't care? I tip well. I always go out of my way to be nice to retail/restaurant/service workers. I am kind and supportive of my young adult children, I love them to death and would do anything for them and my very small circle of friends and family.

But outside of that I really don't give a gently caress.

Roast me goons, drunk and ready for it. Or ignore this poo poo and don't care, in which case I can obviously relate.

Come on, op. With all of the past elections that were decided by one vote or less, you could have made a change but you are selfish rear end couldn't be bothered.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It's okay to not be right, just try not to be wrong.
IMO, that's the meaning of life.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Space Kablooey posted:

gen x again telling everyone how much they dont care

if you really didnt care you wouldnt post about this at all op

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

roomtone posted:

artists thinking they have enough clout to tell a platform who to sign on or keep around is lol

thats not how the patronage system works you silly billy

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
We commit evil just by living in a capitalist society, so it's kinda hard to high horse you about anything. That said, I'm gonna try.

I think you should care about your fellow man. Apathy is deadly. I don't think there's any one way to do that. It sounds like you do some good things already. Sometimes when I want to feel better about myself I give money to good causes. It's an easy low effort thing to feel good about.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Being a good person has been popular for as long as we have records, op

What MAKES a good person is a subject of much debate but mostly around the edges

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

The General posted:

Yes this is called being a teenager.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

AcidCat posted:

Am I a "Good Person"?

I don't care about things that don't directly affect me. Climate Change? Who gives a gently caress unless my home is flooded and my PS5 rendered inert due to water damage. Homeless? Whatever. Your life, your problem. Voting? Politics? Disengaged, can't muster an emotion. Just not down with OPP, Other People's Problems.

I guess I'm a monster, but I really don't care? I tip well. I always go out of my way to be nice to retail/restaurant/service workers. I am kind and supportive of my young adult children, I love them to death and would do anything for them and my very small circle of friends and family.

Roast me goons, drunk and ready for it. Or ignore this poo poo and don't care, in which case I can obviously relate.

In reality you're actually an incredibly boring person who, much like today's so called good doers, defined themselves wholly through consumer choices. You will be purged along with the rest of us under the glorious JDPON.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

AcidCat posted:

Am I a "Good Person"?

good one brian

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

roomtone posted:

what's funny is that spotify pays like basically literally nothing (i am on Spotify so i know exactly what i am talking about haha)

so like, people are gonna get mad about them paying joe rogan, when everyone has known forever that they DON'T pay musicians hardly anything at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

As internet leftists are all very sensible rational materialists, OP, they would like you to know it is incredibly important that you personally feel depressed about current events that you can't influence.

This is so that you attain maximum morality points.