Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It allows me to easily buy things local businesses may not be capable or willing to make. I can get Korean Milkis at Costco, and Brazilian Guaraná Antarctica at Amazon which is rad. UK estim machine. Japanese Calbee shrimp chips (garlic get the garlic). All the necessary things in life from around the world can be ordered from the comfort of my home. Oh and to be clear I don't care if it "destroys your culture" all hail our lord capitalism! If your culture can't adapt to make room for all consuming consumption than maybe it isn't worth existing?

Oh and less wars thanks to the economies being intertwined is probably a good thing. Well maybe not, less war means less customers for guns and stuff and as an American that's probably bad? Right?

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
One world government when?

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh and less wars thanks to the economies being intertwined is probably a good thing. Well maybe not, less war means less customers for guns and stuff and as an American that's probably bad? Bad right?

That's why we have to make up wars in Ukraine and stuff. That Raytheon stock isn't going to inflate itself.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

will globalism allow me to get canadian healthcare in the us?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

will globalism allow me to get canadian healthcare in the us?

Well you'd think you'd be able to get something similar but Americans are really loving stupid and if you say something like "they have to wait so long for necessary surgery, besides out healthcare is best in the world!" They will be like "oh man that sounds terrible good thing we're best in the world". The Fox News echo chamber is very powerful.

edit: That's not fair while Americans are really loving stupid I think it's more so the fact that people in general are loving stupid than any American exceptionalism. World wide stupidity, although we might be the source.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 6, 2022

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Not for long it won't lol

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Son of Rodney posted:

Not for long it won't lol

Leave poor globalism alone and blame people for loving. Well the loving isn't so much the problem as all the people generated by it. More loving less people free vasectomies for all!

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Outpost22 posted:

One world government when?

It’s actually very important for humanity’s next step. This multi-country bullshit we are doing isn’t sustainable. Humanity needs a strong centralized government with weak regional power hubs. The federal central government supports each geographic region in addition to global objectives. Single army, single police force, world wide healthcare.

We waste inordinate amounts of money on redundancy that would be allocated throughout the worlds economy.

If there is one thing we should hope to see in our lifetimes, it’s the unification of countries beginning.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Agreed, OP, it's nice to control all the world's governments and finance!

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Invade a country not in the UN, veto consequences agreed by everyone else as you did a war bad. Country wins!

A new UN, ruled by the people via Liquid Democracy irregardless of borders, surely that would make everything worse, meritocracy doesn't improve anything :iiam: :pirate:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ez8 posted:

That's why we have to make up wars in Ukraine and stuff. That Raytheon stock isn't going to inflate itself.

might not be so made up unfortunately, Putin's really cramming a lot of dudes to the border with Ukraine

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1490034024898830339

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
nah, hyper-localized farming communes are best

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

might not be so made up unfortunately, Putin's really cramming a lot of dudes to the border with Ukraine

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1490034024898830339

Seems like some tourists to me. What's so bad about that?

Radirot posted:

nah, hyper-localized farming communes are best

Really? Cause I don't think they'd be able to grow a banana in this weather.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 6, 2022

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
In the beginning part of your post you are just talking about importing and exporting. Globalism is taki g your job and paying a Chinese "worker" (slave) to do it 90% cheaper and more efficient but also mostly lovely and perhaps more dangerously.

The person in this analogy doesn't have to be a Chinese slave. Basically any poor person can be a slave.

Thank u for attending my ted talk.

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
One government is better than two.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

vandalism posted:

In the beginning part of your post you are just talking about importing and exporting. Globalism is taki g your job and paying a Chinese "worker" (slave) to do it 90% cheaper and more efficient but also mostly lovely and perhaps more dangerously.

The person in this analogy doesn't have to be a Chinese slave. Basically any poor person can be a slave.

Thank u for attending my ted talk.

quote:

Globalism refers to various patterns of meaning beyond the merely international. It is used by political scientists, such as Joseph Nye, to describe "attempts to understand all the interconnections of the modern world—and to highlight patterns that underlie them." While primarily associated with world-systems, it can be used to describe other global trends. The concept of globalism is also classically used to distinguish the ideologies of globalization from the processes of globalization. In this sense, globalism is to globalization what nationalism is to nationality.

quote:

1. the operation or planning of economic and foreign policy on a global basis

I know I know words have meaning and it's better to rush into a thread to try and correct someone than to take the time to see what the actual definition is.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Mr. Worldwide

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

Seems like some tourists to me. What's so bad about that?

Really? Cause I don't think they'd be able to grow a banana in this weather.

shipping poo poo across half the world is probably not sustainable and won't last for long so stock up now

RadiRoot fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 6, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

It allows me to easily buy things local businesses may not be capable or willing to make. I can get Korean Milkis at Costco, and Brazilian Guaraná Antarctica at Amazon which is rad. UK estim machine. Japanese Calbee shrimp chips (garlic get the garlic). All the necessary things in life from around the world can be ordered from the comfort of my home. Oh and to be clear I don't care if it "destroys your culture" all hail our lord capitalism! If your culture can't adapt to make room for all consuming consumption than maybe it isn't worth existing?

Oh and less wars thanks to the economies being intertwined is probably a good thing. Well maybe not, less war means less customers for guns and stuff and as an American that's probably bad? Right?

I notice you didn't include a single African thing in your post

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Goblinism

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hollywood Hogan 4ever

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

i see this, i think "press the analogue stick"

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

i can suck the life force out of some far away poor people to get a brand new flatscreen tv at a great price? Sign me up

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

i can suck the life force out of some far away poor people to get a brand new flatscreen tv at a great price? Sign me up

I have had a 48' flat screen for ten years. They aren't that expensive anymore

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I do like pop music and cocaine...

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I notice you didn't include a single African thing in your post

You're right I didn't include every continent in my list of 4 things. I tried Dudu Osun soap and while it cleaned well I think it was too harsh for me. I suspect you think Africa needs even more globalism, that's why you brought it up right?

edit: Dudu Osun is Nigerian.

Radirot posted:

shipping poo poo across half the world is probably not sustainable and won't last for long so stock up now

That's fine I'll either be dead or make this sweet rear end grow room. Oh you're telling me all that electricity used to keep it heated/lit is from a fossil fuel? LOL!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 6, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

You're right I didn't include every continent in my list of 4 things. I tried Dudu Osun soap and while it cleaned well I think it was too harsh for me. I suspect you think Africa needs even more globalism, that's why you brought it up right?

Yeah. Places like South Sudan, and Ethiopia

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Yeah. Places like South Sudan, and Ethiopia

Are you sure those are real places and not like fake ones from a book, videogame or a book based on a videogame?

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 6, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

Are you sure those are real places and not like fake ones from a book ,videogame or a book based on a videogame?

holy poo poo your education was terrible, Yes they are real places

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

holy poo poo your education was terrible, Yes they are real places

Your lies can't fool me!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

Your lies can't fool me!

you are on the internet. you can see it for yourself

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Duck and cover these nuts lmao

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Why would you want to hide those beuts?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

syntaxfunction posted:

lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
for the millionth time

i hope a ballistic nuke (or a more close range one...whatever) lands directly and exactly on my freaking BALLS.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

for the millionth time

i hope a ballistic nuke (or a more close range one...whatever) lands directly and exactly on my freaking BALLS.

selfish motherfucker

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Wearing underpants made by hella poor children in Bangladesh and loving it

E: to clarify the underpants were made in bangladesh and i'm wearing them outside bangladesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

selfish motherfucker

get in line BREH