Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I wish Bernie had suplexed Joe and cracked his tiny skull into fragments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

interwhat posted:

So is Joe Rogan not being pro vax a big deal on GBS all of a sudden because NBC has their sights in him? He's certainly not the first, and I guess he's used the N word, so that's bad. Just wondering why goons are falling all over themselves to own this particular guy? Most people I know stopped listening to the podcast months ago, so is GBS really just this late to the game?

he made neil young leave spotify which got in the news because it just happened and then the n word thing which also just happened (at least the backlash from it did). is there a news site i should be reading that broke that months ago before it happened?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
it sucks that the pandemic scrambled his brains even more but the REAL concern should be that he found a bigger demographic/audience that encouraged his metamorphosis

covid psychosis is real, yo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
more leik

joe blowgan

:blastu:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It's a conscious choice by him to be garbage. COVID did nothing to him, he just decided to flex into what makes him $$$

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
It's more concerning that he's flip flopped on his stance entirely. Makes you wonder who else is paying him. Also, is he REALLY that big of a problem? Are people REALLY still that on the fence about the vax?
I guess I don't take it as seriously as GBS does. I got my shots and booster and I wear a mask, I'm not naive enough to think I'll convince anyone of anything in 2022.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

joe Rogans brain is 40% dmt

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I wish that my life was easy enough that I could consider Joe Rogan a threat.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
None of this is suprising. He's not an intellectual guy and finally broke a certain income ceiling that infects the brains of people it happens to. Before long he'll be on another platform, and doubling down on his insanity, and then eventually people will finally stop talking about him.

I like following comedians and Rogan has some sort of relationship with all of them, and it's going to be real fuckin funny when people like Bill Burr finally step away, like yikes dude. I feel like it's already happening, GBS just seems silly sometimes when someone makes yet another low content thread about Joe Rogan it's just obsessive and weird.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

OMFG FURRY posted:

remember when he had Berry Sanders

remember????

as an old Lions fan i am saddened to learn that Barry Sanders has not been interviewed on the program

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

The Human Crouton posted:

I wish that my life was easy enough that I could consider Joe Rogan a threat.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

interwhat posted:

None of this is suprising. He's not an intellectual guy and finally broke a certain income ceiling that infects the brains of people it happens to. Before long he'll be on another platform, and doubling down on his insanity, and then eventually people will finally stop talking about him.

I like following comedians and Rogan has some sort of relationship with all of them, and it's going to be real fuckin funny when people like Bill Burr finally step away, like yikes dude. I feel like it's already happening, GBS just seems silly sometimes when someone makes yet another low content thread about Joe Rogan it's just obsessive and weird.

he's in the news right now dude, and not just "NBC", what I don't get is why you want to sweep the topic of the little man under the rug so badly :crossarms:

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
His constant special forces/navy seals/veteran cock riding has always been suuuuuper cringe. Blegh.

Alright goons I have a project I want to finish, stop being weird about Joe Rogan. He sucks. We're all in agreement

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

interwhat posted:

GBS just seems silly sometimes when someone makes yet another low content thread about Joe Rogan it's just obsessive and weird.

He's front page news

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

No. 6 posted:

He's front page news

There's a front page?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The front page shot itself to avoid child support

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Joe Krogan

"Hey shepeeerrrrrrrd, play that clippppp"

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

No. 6 posted:

Congrats on platforming a piece of poo poo I suppose.

god stfu

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

interwhat posted:

I kinda feel like you don't get to do and say all the stuff he has and just go 'ah well it'll be fine eventually' just because.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

No, you

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
when joe rogan reviewed the new dune movie he spent 15 minutes talking about how the pain box had a strong jaw but no technique so anyone with a halfway decent ground game could get a submission by the end of the 2nd round

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gwenyth Paltrow for men

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Joe's candles called Smeg

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
joe rogan should take his head out of his rear end. then maybe he could have a decent thought once in a while.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

No. 6 posted:

Joe's candles called Smeg

garum

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I had a job a few years ago that was so robotic that you could listen to podcasts or audiobooks for 10 hours a day.
The dumbest loving people at that place were always the ones recommending joe Rogan.
Never had someone that seemed competent recommend that poo poo.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i always recommend the dollop.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

interwhat posted:

Also, is he REALLY that big of a problem? Are people REALLY still that on the fence about the vax?

1 in 50 americans are unvaccinated because they listened to morons like Joe Rogan say "young healthy people don't need to get vaccinated".

interwhat posted:

I guess I don't take it as seriously as GBS does. I got my shots and booster and I wear a mask, I'm not naive enough to think I'll convince anyone of anything in 2022.

Like, I don't think I'm gonna convince anyone to change their mind. But the main reason I doubt I'd convince them is because they're listening to assholes like Joe Rogan and Tucker Carlson.

Many many years ago, my group of friends included a guy who was a no-poo poo Objectivist. He read a bunch of Ayn Rand when he was a teenager, got into it, and found some Internet Objectivists that confirmed all his views. Over the course of about 2 years we argued him out of it with rational discussion. By the end he'd take our arguments and disprove various objectivist ideas himself by following the logic -- he was young, not stupid.

How was this possible?
1. He spent a lot more time with us than with Internet Objectivists.
2. At the time Objectivism was already uncool enough that there weren't a slate of podcasts and youtube shows to provide constant ammo. He had to come up with his own thoughts on the subject, rather than have some big supply of bullshit and fake factoids. To get someone to change their mind you have to get them to think and not just be an info-sponge.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

he made neil young leave spotify which got in the news because it just happened and then the n word thing which also just happened (at least the backlash from it did). is there a news site i should be reading that broke that months ago before it happened?

before the pro vax stuff he would take heat for certain things and get folks kind of riled up online, but the antivaxx poo poo is the big catalyst for the current public opinion on him in my opinion. he also started calling out cnn a lot and now cnn and foxnews have him on the front page every day to rile up their audiences. i remember when republicans hated him because some video of him harassing a trump supporter came out. now people are combing through his old shows and finding a treasure trove of problematic poo poo like the n word thing. i cant even watch the clips of him talking to crocodile hunters. it's all tainted now. reeks of taint.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
He was well on the way to being the next Howard Stern. He really was one of the best interviewers I'd ever heard. Then he had to go and act the way he acts and be the guy he is.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

mainstream people shying away from the joe rogan interviews now. last i saw he had carrot top on.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

He really was one of the best interviewers I'd ever heard.

Oh wow. Really? Have you seen this video of a gorilla on DMT?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
wait wasn't there another roe jogan thread

what even is happening bro

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'd be willing to bet most unvaccinated Americans ARE NOT avid Joe Rogan listeners, more like Tucker/Fox News and other alternative media outlets. Like if you ever get to talking to these people, which I doubt, because that involves going outside and communicating with people not online, they seek out the media that supports their views. Insane, I know, but Rogan was initially pro covid vax. The people that are anti vax were and are consistent with their stance. Happy to report though some of the old dudes I work with actually went and got the vax. Yea, maybe one of them has possible lung cancer, hell of a motivator to change your mind, but a mind change regardless.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

interwhat posted:

I'd be willing to bet most unvaccinated Americans ARE NOT avid Joe Rogan listeners, more like Tucker/Fox News and other alternative media outlets.

i think you're right from a sheer numbers POV but at the same time i think you might be surprised by how many younger dudebro types are all "gently caress masks, gently caress vaxx, i'm not a sheep, i'm a big boy"

it's a disturbingly popular attitude especially in more rural areas

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Klyith posted:

1 in 50 americans are unvaccinated because they listened to morons like Joe Rogan say "young healthy people don't need to get vaccinated".

Like, I don't think I'm gonna convince anyone to change their mind. But the main reason I doubt I'd convince them is because they're listening to assholes like Joe Rogan and Tucker Carlson.

Many many years ago, my group of friends included a guy who was a no-poo poo Objectivist. He read a bunch of Ayn Rand when he was a teenager, got into it, and found some Internet Objectivists that confirmed all his views. Over the course of about 2 years we argued him out of it with rational discussion. By the end he'd take our arguments and disprove various objectivist ideas himself by following the logic -- he was young, not stupid.

How was this possible?
1. He spent a lot more time with us than with Internet Objectivists.
2. At the time Objectivism was already uncool enough that there weren't a slate of podcasts and youtube shows to provide constant ammo. He had to come up with his own thoughts on the subject, rather than have some big supply of bullshit and fake factoids. To get someone to change their mind you have to get them to think and not just be an info-sponge.

I'd say giving even those two people that kind of credit is a bit of a stretch. That part about young healthy people not needing the vaccine was an actual thing if I remember correctly, on the right and left media sources, probably so more old and at risk could get it first. Why Joe and Fucker are pushing this still I am not sure. I don't know about you, but I was a bit disappointed to find out that vaccines don't really stop infection rates. Especially given the fact that that was a major reason to get it. People don't realize that things change as we learn them in real time, and I'm mature enough to know that yea, that's a bummer, but it's still in my own and the people around me best interest to get the vaccine. It's consistently a bummer to me that Americans are so every man for themselves in their attitudes, and don't see the benefits of seeing themselves as part of a collective, and ultimately believe whatever the gently caress they are going to believe. That's why I don't give a poo poo if Bro Jorgan has a platform or not, because Americans believe what they believe and you could literally tell someone on their death bed the vaccine could save you(I know this isn't how it works), and they still go NAH. Part of that might also be refusal to allow someone else to be right/admit to being wrong, yet another American hangup.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

So what about all those times he said the N word? Seriously, some of that wasn't just quoting his favorite rap song.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY9Dq0U6WC4&t=25s

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

precision posted:

i think you're right from a sheer numbers POV but at the same time i think you might be surprised by how many younger dudebro types are all "gently caress masks, gently caress vaxx, i'm not a sheep, i'm a big boy"

it's a disturbingly popular attitude especially in more rural areas

I'm in rural Ohio, and can definitely confirm this. I'm very much an outlier being vaxed here. However, THEY aren't dropping by the thousands as a result. Sure, they're grandparents are lol, but they don't give a gently caress. It was kind of neat to see a couple of them get it, be out of work for a week, and then tell me "dude, I was sick as gently caress, got kinda scared." But when I asked if they're gonna get vaccinated, they be like naw, lol. Makes no sense. The way I see it, you could scream into the void about how stupid it is to not be vaccinated or wear a mask, OR, what's more rewarding to me, is when you get asked about your status, just casually be like, "yep, all vaxed." But aren't you worried about that heart condition or like all that stuff joe rogan talks about? "Nope, not worried at all, thanks, have a good one!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah no where else on the planet struggled with vaccination rates.
Purely 'an American hangup'. Very educated and insightful observation you've made.