Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

picked this up via the steam release a couple days ago. quite cool! loving what my mind parses as a fresh take on sekiro. beat the first stage on disciple difficulty around age 32 the first time, got too old and died in the second stage, went back to the first stage and got through around 23 after a few tries. I don’t think I 100% understand the roguelike progression yet but I’ll get it and what I do understand seems neat enough.

I gather from reading the thread that the avoid mechanic is stronger than I assumed and I shouldn’t just be deflecting everything like sekiro. is a successful deflect effective against every attack that isn’t a throw, even low sweeps? - and how does that interact with the glowing limb attacks? can I deflect those too, do they inflict structure damage not only on block but also on deflect?

looking forward to playing more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

speaking of god hand, I haven't played that in at least fifteen years, but my brain still wants to press up on the stick to dodge high attacks. oh well, just another obstacle on the road to mastery

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

what a cool game. mainlined it this week and beat it in about 10 hours, so unfortunately it's a little short. but looking at all these goals, arenas, master difficulty, and this "wude" ending, I think I'll be playing it a bit longer.