Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Hel posted:

Ok I'm pretty sure my game is bugged then, because normal non-glowing attacks are damaging me through blocks pretty regularly. Even when my structure bar is empty. Gonna have to very files and see if it helps.

It's possible that you're holding the stick in a direction and accidentally making your character mistime a dodge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Speaking of the 3rd boss, I finally beat her today, at age 73. Boy she is tough

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Did some experimenting and dodge inputs do not care about camera or character facing, which is the mistake I was making. Guard + up is the hop, guard + any other direction is the juke, no matter what. Maybe I'll finally get it now.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I think beating Isshin in Sekiro really prepared me for the final boss of Sifu, who I beat a few hours ago first try. Granted, I got to that level at age 36 so I had a lot of years available to burn. Once I got into the rhythm of attacking into his defense and parrying the followup he folded.

Hesitation is defeat.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Goodguy3 posted:

Losing my mind scouring the final level for the last thing for the board, the thing on the bottom right of the middle group.

I was so mad when I finally found it.

It's a newspaper clipping in the reception waiting room, across from the receptionist

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Artelier posted:

Is there a way to drop a weapon or do I just have to tank a big hit? For the final boss, I would like to bring a long staff into the fight, drop it, then use it in phase 2 so I can do the infinite sweep until breaks to bypass most of this phase. So close to finishing at age 20....

You can drop it by pressing the same input as the pickup iirc but the phase change on every boss will remove all weapons on the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Any hit against an unaware enemy will put them in the critical state, including running light or the running heavy slide