Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

codo27 posted:

I'll see a post from Sifu socials every now and then and realize I still haven't played it. Whats the general review of the game now that its been out a while?

It's a game that rewards timing while being unapologetic. I started on the Easy difficulty and it still kicked my rear end plenty of times, but Easy is less harsh on deaths so it makes for good training wheels. Once you get an understanding of the combat and attack patterns, you can control the pace of the fights with confidence.

My only gripe is that it wasn't longer, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

codo27 posted:

Finally picked it up today. God its really kicking my rear end. I really need to learn more about all the systems, particularly avoiding stuff. I got past the first level but at age 57 or something. Going to go back and try and get a good handle on things before I proceed. That first boss wasn't quite as I expected, leaping over things I thought he would be open to attacks but not so. My own attacks not cancelling basically anything he did.

You really die pretty fast. Didn't get in any real trouble until I got to the roof and died for the first time to a group there. I've been a bit guilty of just spamming the two attack buttons and trying to parry everything, I didn't use the focus bar at all either basically until the boss. I probably should make more use of the practice thing.

Focus more on evading/blocking first. You can't kick the game's rear end 'till you get a feel for their movesets.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Ooh, that looks like a solid addition. Maybe I can stumble onto that last takedown I need for the ps4 platinum.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

One day till Arenas! drat I can't wait. Might do a new run just to brush up.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

It's challenging but enjoyable, reminds me of the Arkham games with their combat challenge maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I'm still not entirely sure on how the glowing attacks affect structure on deflect but I'd prefer avoiding those, because when you whiff deflect on those attacks it feels awful.