Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
What am I doing wrong? I got the hacker key from the guy at the club but I still cannot access jinfeng's computer, it just tells me I need a password to get in.

Edit: I restarted the level and it worked that time. Level 4 just seems to be a bit buggy in general.

Goodguy3 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

Beat this game today and I mean Actually finished it, spared all the bosses, got the true ending. MAN what a ride. Extremely frustrating at parts but when it clicks, it loving owns. My GOTY so far, though it's only a couple months in.

I have to say that going back and sparing the bosses wasn't at all the pain the rear end I thought it was going to be. I was pleasantly surprised.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

Hel posted:

Also is the shove cancel skill as useless as I think? because you are still shoved the full length before you can cancel it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. It at least can stop you smacking into a wall sometimes, but even if you hit L1 right after being shoved you still get launched so far that you might as well just not even bother 90% of the time.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

I almost managed my first non-stop, fresh file playthrough both kill all bosses then spare them but then at the very last part of the final boss I hosed up the button prompt and killed him instead of hitting spare :negative:

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

Losing my mind scouring the final level for the last thing for the board, the thing on the bottom right of the middle group.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

Tarezax posted:

I was so mad when I finally found it.

It's a newspaper clipping in the reception waiting room, across from the receptionist

Oh for gently caress's sake! Thank you. This game's USUALLY pretty nice about the collectables. I can't believe I missed that! :psyduck:

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

Also, how do I throw enemies off a rail? Every time I have an enemy stunned near a rail and throw them he just hits their head against it instead of throwing them over.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

Artelier posted:

I tried that, my character just tosses it at the boss' face and if it hits, it breaks in half, so this strat won't work. Or maybe I'm doing the input wrong somehow? Hold too short/too long?

It's indeed the same button, but you have to hold the button down for a second, then you'll drop it.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

Xand_Man posted:

In the Club is there a point to the path that takes you up to the tech guy or is it just an extra challenge

Once you get to level 4, check the computer, it'll need a password. That tech guy says he does computers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

This is one of two games I've gone out of my way to platinum/100% Achievements (The other being Call of Juarez: Gunslinger). It's really good.

Props to SloClap for having reasonable trophies, too. No "Defeat the final boss without dying or attacking or taking damage at age 20" nonsense or what have you.