Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This game is really hard. I often feel like my avoids or blocks are simply inconsistent. Sekiro and all From games seem much finer tuned so everything works. Those games seem to intuitively know what the player means to do and makes it happen. This game doesn’t feel like it’s doing that and it’s a lot harder for it. Also, the time frame to see an attack and correctly react to it is often minuscule. I dunno. I’ve certainly improved a lot over the past two days, but it can be more frustrating than anything else I’ve ever played and I’m a huge lover of Owl boss fights here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

So for combos, do you smash L L L H as fast as you can, or do you wait for the character to actually complete each animation before pressing the subsequent one? It seems I am too slow many times to eek out even L L H (which is an easy combo that knocks weapons out of anyone’s hand).

I think my biggest problem with this game is defense. It’s excruciatingly frustrating at times because I feel like I am pressing all the buttons right but the game has other ideas, or I just start taking literally instantaneous hits from someone behind me or off camera. The enemies move twice as fast as sekiro enemies I swear to god there is zero reaction time sometimes. No joke this game makes me SO frustrated but I love games like this and so badly want to enjoy it.

I think a big problem for me is that I know I need to hold L1 and press down (or any other direction) but often my brain takes the orientation of the player on the screen, and thus changes slightly the direction I’m pushing the stick like subconsciously thinking “left/right” is “kind of up” because of where the player’s back is pointed. If that makes any sense. It’s almost like the game would make more sense if it was strictly old school 2D.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I’m not great at this game, got to the museum at age 50 and wow is it a beautiful level. If ONLY that museum existed in real life I’d go there literally every weekend.

I just want to say that as far as SA threads go, they’re often very helpful and feel like a great community. But holy poo poo this thread is PHENOMENAL. The amount of support and in depth exploration of this game is a whole other level. And OP, I can tell you’re super in love with this game, but you’re driving this thread really well and get all the credit due for making it as remarkable as it is.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Yeah, knife fighting makes this The Man From Nowhere the video game. A Korean film arguably way better than John Wick.