Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are

Lobok posted:

The annoying thing about redoing a stage is that you can't change your shrine choices without beating that stage at a lower age, so if you no-death the level(s) you're forever locked into what you did at the shrines unless you start a brand new game.

Is this confirmed? I thought I saw somewhere that the following stage will always keep your lowest life count, but that your shrine choices will carry over from your most recent clear regardless of age. I can’t say for certain and can’t test this out until later. The overlapping systems are pretty obtuse regardless.

I am loving this game though. Finally cleared the 2nd stage boss after probably 15 attempts. Picking up ground parry, focus regen and strong sweep were huge game changers against him for anyone struggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
I'm always shocked and then amused anytime I get thrown off a balcony. Most of the time it happens when I have a bad camera position and don't realize there's a broken rail until it's too late, but I find it pretty funny when you unexpectedly start falling 10 feet to your death.