Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I really wanted to like this game, especially after reading the Sekiro comparisons and Signalnoise's excellent posts, but I think it isn't nearly as well designed as Sekiro. I got to the museum level, but wanted to go back to the club to get a better age, and I'm really just not feeling the combat. It feel like it works well vs 2-3 people, but the game like to throw 5-7 at you constantly.

The visual indicators aren't good enough and I just end up frustrated, especially if I am trying to maintain a high score multiplier. Sekiro's visual indicators happened before the attack occured and were a large red flashing kanji. So many of the unblockable attacks in this game have like a character's forearm light up for 0.2 seconds as they are in the process of throwing the attack. A great example is sweep attacks where you need to dodge up. They are quite infrequent so it's hard to prepare for them and the enemy's leg lights up as they are already in the process of sweeping you. It would be much better if the enemy's leg lit up like 0.5 seconds before the attack. Add a room of 5 dudes and it's just a nightmare. A fight can be going well and then all of a sudden you are at 1/4 health.

I would power through and beat it if it weren't for the annoying go back and play the level over and over until you can do it better element. I just don't think I'm having enough fun to justify continuing at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU