Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Censor was clearly the best film of 2021 anyway

I'm not even sure Censor was the best British horror film of 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lid posted:

Apparently with these nominations Kenneth Branaugh becomes the first person to be nominated for academy awards in seven different categories. He has zero wins.

Best Director is going to be a wild betting race, pretty much everyone has a chance and more importantly a storyline to justify it and they just love narrative.

I'd put money on Campion (and I hope she gets it, I haven't seen The Power of the Dog yet but she's been so snubbed over the years).

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

night house would be your pick?

The Night House was my favorite horror movie of the year*, but I don't think it was British.

I was thinking of In The Earth.

*incidentally, Rebecca Hall was robbed, again.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nightmare Alley was pretty weak but it was better than The Shape of Water i guess

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

If i can weigh in on something nobody cares about:

I went to see the slate of Oscar nominees for Best Animated Short last night. Four of them were good-to-great and the fifth was one of the shittiest things I’ve ever seen. You get one guess as to which one won the Oscar.