Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Would’ve been easier to make for the cast and crew. have more time to make the film without having to rush through it, adding needless stress. Also paying people, especially below the line, more money.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t one of the biggest issues with direct to streaming is them not paying anyone below the line at all because they tend to cut a lot of costs?

Speaking from a UK film production perspective:

There's no distinction here between a film for streaming or not, rates are set by production budget, not platform. Only the worst cowboy productions don't pay people at all.

If you mean royalties or residuals, only above the line cast and crew ever get those in the first place. As an AD, I make roughly the same amount of money off a £1 million budget indie for Netflix as I do off of a £50 million feature cinema release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU