Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vincent posted:

Let's make a list of good snacks and meals for everyone's Oscar night party.

Dunccacino

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m glad shape of water one bc it’s a monster genre flick where a lady fucks a fish man. It’s a step in the right direction for the Oscar’s to recognize genre films.

Maybe one day malignant 3 will make it there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Will smith kicks rear end

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It owns

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anyone taking this seriously is real lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love gervis in that clip bc he’s so excited to say it

Wish he got decked

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nah imma laugh at it and wish for more of it because it’s good entertainment from these entertainers

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FunkyAl posted:

Women love it when you ruin the oscars

It made it more entertaining than ever before

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Women slap people too. Slapping is gender neutral

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rip baby piss

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gonna save this to spring on mfs who say poo poo about the alien prequels

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Violence is sometimes really funny.

Drop the pearls and enjoy it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t have it so it’s not really a burn to me. I guess you can ask the people who deal with it if it’s funny

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jokes hurt people too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell yeah

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Karloff posted:

'Checking’ people in order to get people to stop insulting you or your loved ones isn’t really a thing in the UK. People don't go around slapping each other in order to enforce good behaviour, and if they do they are very likely to get their head kicked in.

There was the happy slapping moral panic but that was a whole other thing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shut up

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Comedians whining about this makes it obvious they don’t understand humor

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Oscar’s should thank will smith for making their hack show interesting

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Everyone on twitter is a maniacs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Too artsy.

I guess spotlight or room. Both good movies but I haven’t thought about them since they won.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snappedneck Revine

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tubi has a billion movies that were made with no budget and put on a streaming platform for anyone to watch.

A lot of them are garbage! But it felt like a lot of the bad stuff had no heart. However something like Halloween at aunt Ethel’s, which is kinda bad but felt like the people who made it really tried and had fun which makes the entire film work so well.

So there’s no budget non Hollywood films out there that are worth seeking. Sadly they may not be mainstream but hey.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There’s a middle ground between both of those opinions.

The problem really is that yeah there IS a diverse set of films being made not under the Hollywood banner and they are available to find…

But they do not have the funds behind them like something like Morbius did. And making movies of any kind is hard as gently caress and a lot of those issues come from money.

Obviously not everyone can get 70 million to make whatever, but what if more films did? Imagine if Upgrade had a 70 million budget instead of Venom? (I like venom for the record but upgrade is like an all timer)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

live with fruit posted:

If it's an all-timer at $5M or whatever, what does it need more money for?

Would’ve been easier to make for the cast and crew. have more time to make the film without having to rush through it, adding needless stress. Also paying people, especially below the line, more money.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t one of the biggest issues with direct to streaming is them not paying anyone below the line at all because they tend to cut a lot of costs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

a lovely king posted:

Speaking from a UK film production perspective:

There's no distinction here between a film for streaming or not, rates are set by production budget, not platform. Only the worst cowboy productions don't pay people at all.

If you mean royalties or residuals, only above the line cast and crew ever get those in the first place. As an AD, I make roughly the same amount of money off a £1 million budget indie for Netflix as I do off of a £50 million feature cinema release.

Gotcha gotcha. Thanks for letting me know!