Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

BiggestBatman posted:

I haven;t seen the movie. What superpower does the dog in it have? Can it fly?
The dog is from a Bible verse so yeah probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

My problem with Drive My Car was that based on discourse I saw online I went in expecting "slow cinema" and instead got like, The Descendants with George Clooney with the ending to Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino tacked on.

Which is fine, I like those types of movies too but I'm kind of surprised so many people are finding DMC an even remotely challenging film.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

1. Nightmare Alley
2. Drive My Car
3. King Richard
4. Dune
5. Belfast
6. CODA
7. West Side Story
8. Power of the Dog
9. Licorice Pizza
10. Don't Look Up

Tbh I didn't really feel strongly about any of these. Like Nightmare Alley and Drive My Car are still only like 7/10 to me. Definitely one of the weaker BP lineups in recent memory.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think the big problem with Power of the Dog is that the dogs in Elden Ring are just so much better.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What would you guys say is the best "Oscar bait" movie? Like something like Amadeus checks a lot of the boxes, but that movie still kicks a lot of rear end.