Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Martman posted:

Ordinary People feels kind of like... prototypical of what was later viewed as Oscar bait maybe? And I really loved it but it's been a while.

That movie gets so much poo poo for being obvious Oscar bait (and yeah, it is) but it's really good as far as those go. Mary Tyler Moore, man.

Relevant trivia, I believe The Deer Hunter is considered the first Oscar bait movie, as its marketing campaign and release schedule were based entirely around trying to rack up as many awards and nominations as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Not sure you can revoke an award when it's a tangible object. I suppose you could go "give it back or we'll punish you" but, eh, better to just skip to the punishment.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Fun fact I had to look up cause I only half-remembered it, but there's a whole thing where you kind of don't own the physical statue.

Good to know, thanks.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

That said, If it had been revoked, I'd be curious if he'd still technically be the winner or if 2nd place would move up.

I know in the past when winners have refused their awards the academy didn't go and give it to the runner-up. I'm actually not sure whether they're still technically considered the winner or if it's counted as "no award this year" and whether the same principle would apply to a case of revocation, but in any case I can't see them going and awarding someone else, it'd be forever tainted with "*not the REAL winner."