Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

dunc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

The Academy has decided that some awards aren't that important. The Oscars for documentary short, film editing, makeup and hairstyling, original score, production design, animated short, live action short and sound won't be telecast but will happen earlier and then selected bits from speeches will be edited into the main broadcast.

holy poo poo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

it's a pretty cringe comment overall, so yeah...

Vegetable posted:

It’s a reminder that all Hollywood types are self-obsessed idiots and there’s no amount of marginalization or oppression that can shake you out of that sense of self obsession.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

live with fruit posted:

For all the talk about what The Batman could have cut to get the runtime down, Drive My Car didn't need a full hour of play rehearsals.

I agree, the movie completely lost me by the third act. I wouldn't say I'm opposed to long Murakami adaptations since I think Burning is one of the best films of the last decade, but Drive My Car just felt like too many stories jammed together.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

pospysyl posted:

I think it's not too much to ask to have Drive My Car only include scenes about car driving. Similarly, In the Heat of the Night has many scenes taking place during the day, all of which should have been edited out.

:hmmyes:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

checkplease posted:

Drive My Car is really good, but it’s first hour is an investment.

The first hour is the only part I felt really invested in. :shrug:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

just give dunc all the award

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

woof