Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Power of the Hot Dog

It’s just a hot dog

E: on topic, I just watched Nightmare Alley and I’m confused as hell as to why that one was nominated, it was very nice looking but incredibly bor…oh yeah, right.

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Apparently Sam Elliot disagrees

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Gonna go see drive my car today, see if the hypes for real

I've only seen 4 of the BP nominees but of those Drive My Car is the only one that was truly fantastic

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

There is no movie without the play rehearsals

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

live with fruit posted:

The driver's not even in those scenes.

lol what

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

live with fruit posted:

The relationship with the driver is just as important as him purging his trauma with the play. It felt like we spent an actual hour building up to his conversation in the car with the actor and it didn't have to take an entire hour.

As you acknowledge, both parts are equally important and are crucial to the movie working.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The funniest part of the incident was that Will laughed at the joke initially. I wish Rock had the wherewithal to have told Jada to run the tape back when they get home.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

LionArcher posted:

The slap was a good thing because the discourse around it broke everyone’s brains.

https://twitter.com/AllieRedux/status/1508326597228699650?s=20&t=tqo8TiHcQwGF0Lhj5USgPg

Yeah the problem is that the Slap was all in all actually a pretty mundane event with not much to say about it but everyone needs to have A Take

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

People are enjoying the slap because it delivers a little bit of frisson in their otherwise boring rear end lives

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Anyone remember The Artist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

TheMopeSquad posted:

I know I watched it but literally remember nothing about it except it's french, black & white, and about showbusiness (which is all pretty bait-y).

I remember there was a dog in it who got famous for like a month