Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biffmotron
Jan 12, 2007

I'm coming from the opposite place as you, since I started with Python and try very hard to live my life in such a way that I don't need to learn Javascript.

When I was starting out, I really benefitted from following along with Raschka's Python Machine Learning, which I thought had a very nice coding style that made it clear what every part of the code was doing, as opposed to some examples which are more like

Python code:

import requests
import magic

bar = requests.get('http://somedataset.com/data')

foo = magic.invocation(bar)

print(foo)
But I digress. Anaconda and Jupyter Notebooks are a great place to get started poking around with Python, because it's very easy to see why the error code is showing up and iterate rapidly. The basic ML workflow is that you have some data somewhere (database, flat file on disk, web, etc), and you read it into a Pandas DataFrame. You munge the data until there's clean features, which you convert to Numpy arrays. Then you toss the arrays into your ML model to train it, and get a trained model you can use to predict stuff. TensorFlow is internally a lot more complex than a sci-kit learn random forest, but the workflow is basically the same. I'm happy to answer more specific questions.

Biffmotron fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU