Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Keisari posted:

Meanwhile, the game rules explainer worked a bit better, but is poor at applying the knowledge or combining it with other sources of information. it did reasonably ok at finding specific points from the manuals, but was poor at answering certain type of fringe questions that required combining different rules from the manual.

This fits to the restrictions of LLMs described here: https://aiguide.substack.com/p/can-large-language-models-reason.

They are good at identifying patterns in the training data that fit to your prompt, but they are incapable of actual reasoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
I read something that apparently generative AI is used to recognize diseases in very early stages, and I realized that I have no idea at all how AI can be applied to problems, and why it returns result.

Why is recognizing diseases early a use case for generative AI? On first glance it looks like something for a pattern matching algorithm (which recognizes symptoms).

So I guess the only way to get an understanding about how to apply AI to real life problems is to do python and then implement some examples, isnt it?

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

ultrafilter posted:

Can you link us to what you read?
I wont bother, it was basically just a blog entry mentioning what I said above without any more details.