Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Have you tried just pointing Tesseract at your data and seeing how well it does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Your naive assumption about an effective way to make an AI turns out to not be very effective in practice. Machine learning models turn out to be poor at consistently picking good moves, and an AI that makes the best move 90% of the time and horrific blunders the other 10% is very weak compared to a competent player.

The winning strategy (at least as used in the current most successful game-playing AIs) is to pair machine learning models with Monte-Carlo Tree Search. MCTS judges the strength of a position by making random moves for each player until the end of the game is reached, repeated a large number of times (e.g. 10,000) for each candidate action. The candidate action which wins the highest proportion of rollouts is the best one to select.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

CarForumPoster posted:

I cant really figure out twitter so forgive me...is there..a controversial part of this or something? Seems like a dude asking *presumably* genuine questions about sex topics. If the questions are being asked in bad faith or somethin, its not shown in this tweet and I cant find the context easily by clicking or I hit a login wall.

You can't figure out what's controversial about saying 40-60% of women have rape fantasies? Like this is just a normal discussion you'd have with workmates around the water cooler?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

CarForumPoster posted:

I don’t think statements of fact derived from a credible source and presented in good faith on a public discussion on that topic should be particularly controversial. It’d be extremely inappropriate to say this in a work environment, especially when you’re a CEO or manager, but Twitter isn’t the workplace and I don’t have any reason to know they work together.

If you had that debate on the Something Awful forums, you'd get a redtext that would follow your account around and colour people's interactions with that alias forever. Or until you decided to make a clean break with a parachute account.

It's the same thing on Twitter, except to a broader audience and it's under your real name. It's a completely inappropriate discussion to have in that context, because it might as well be around the water cooler with all your work colleagues at the same time as it's with all your friends and private acquaintances.