Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/futurama-renewed-season-13-14-hulu-1235776322/

quote:

“Futurama” has been renewed for two more new seasons at Hulu, Variety has learned.

The revival of the beloved adult animated series has been picked up for an additional 20 episodes at the streaming service. Hulu had picked the show up for 20 episodes back in February 2022, the first 10 of which were released starting in July.

No real extra info in the article so don't bother clicking the link, just providing source

So we're getting at least 4 seasons total out of Hulu, dang. I'm pretty surprised. I kinda assumed it'd be getting the axe after next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Sab669 posted:

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/futurama-renewed-season-13-14-hulu-1235776322/

No real extra info in the article so don't bother clicking the link, just providing source

So we're getting at least 4 seasons total out of Hulu, dang. I'm pretty surprised. I kinda assumed it'd be getting the axe after next season.

Not too late for them to change their mind, but seeing this news was a shock

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I got me to open Hulu for 30ish minutes for a few weeks I guess. Keep chugging along you weird little zombie show.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
So this will be on Disney+ when they inevitably fold Hulu into it then

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Good. They lost me during the Comedy Central run. And while the Hulu revival isn't great by any means.....it won me back pretty quickly and I watched on a weekly basis.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, it got me to sub to Hulu... and stay subbed as I've been re-watching Scrubs since Futurama ended.

Not gonna say the season was Great, but I could see it getting good once they've shaken the rust off / don't need to re-introduce all the characters and that crap that comes with restarting a dead show

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Watching the new Rick and Morty vs. Futurama is night and day. That show's also past it's hey day, but at least they're still trying out new takes on sci-fi cliches. Of the last Futurama season the only episode that struck me as inspired was the last one.

Will keep watching it, and will root for it to find footing, but can't say I'm optomistic.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Sab669 posted:

Yea, it got me to sub to Hulu... and stay subbed as I've been re-watching Scrubs since Futurama ended.

Not gonna say the season was Great, but I could see it getting good once they've shaken the rust off / don't need to re-introduce all the characters and that crap that comes with restarting a dead show

I mean, they didn't do that

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
First actual laugh Futurama has given me in 10 years:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Apparently the next Hulu season is far closer than anyone probably would've guessed, according to this image I found posted on Reddit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yesterday I was going to do a "hey, I heard your show Futurama is back" joke, but I guess it's not necessary now.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Sab669 posted:

Apparently the next Hulu season is far closer than anyone probably would've guessed, according to this image I found posted on Reddit.

Huzzah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I’m forty percent July 29!