Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

theflyingexecutive posted:

This is definitely Disney testing the waters to see how many Simpsons cast members they can fire. They're showing with Mandalorian/Boba Fett how easily they can replace live action actors with body and voice doubles and they want to do the same with animation.

A few minutes of deepfaked Luke Skywalker almost certainly cost a poo poo-ton more than the $300,000 or whatever the Simpsons cast gets per episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I wonder if someone who was with Fox back in 1998, when the Simpsons voice cast was holding out for pay raises and the producers got to the point of auditioning replacement voice actors, got through to Disney / Hulu and said that re-casting Bender would be a really, really, really bad idea.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

Its going to be just like every season after the 4th. Some good episodes, some really trash ones, a few that are ok, one that proves some new esoteric mathematical theorm, and then one or two that serve to emotionally devastate the entire audience.

I mean, even the original run of Futurama was like that. I think the show gets looked back upon with rose-colored glasses; those original seasons on Fox had some massive clunkers and some of the humor has aged like milk.

Edit: That said, The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings might be my favorite half-hour episode of anything, ever.