Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I started a rewatch and they could always hire the weird guy who voices Bender in season 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh yeah I forgot Disney beat my boycott when they bought all media, goddamnit.

Disney is bad. Rich people are bad. Artists thriving is good. Thriving requires money. Money is bad. Futurama is good mostly. Unasked for Futurama cash grab is bad. In conclusion the new Futurama should be released for free and all the workers unpaid but a universal basic income is established so that everyone is doing alright whether they work or not.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Been rewatching and I don't think you people realize how much of a drain Bender is on the show.

He is constantly rude and impolite, burps without saying excuse me and often loudly interrupts people to say something unkind, sometimes outright mean things. He is selfish and self-absorbed and often doesn't care about how his actions will adversely affect others. He is also constantly causing trouble for the other characters and the company. Honestly without Bender they would be a much more successful company and make far more successful deliveries without who knows what going wrong! There are entire episodes that could have their issues resolved almost immediately if it weren't for Bender mucking things up! Look, I understood the joke of Bart Simpson (rude) like anyone else, I can appreciate Bender tying a string to a quarter to avoid paying the fee at a suicide booth (the owner and operator of the booth should be able to reclaim the coin from the corpse disposal so don't have to worry about the theft) but then Bender escapes, effectively committing a crime and then he peer pressures poor Fy into drinking something that used to and still should be illegal (alc*hol [drug]).

Just after so many seasons with a bender-heavy portfolio, I think we could stand to get a few where they just make deliveries in peace without some disruptive event making us wait 20 minutes to see the loving package delivered while everyones run around like chickens with their heads cut off because Bender was being inconsiderate again.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Bender Should Not be Allowed on Television

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I've gotten to the season after the first cancellation, you can mostly tell immediately just from the fact that the video and audio quality jumps up sharply from copy-of-vhs to mediocre browser stream.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Even Star Trek gave a gross nod to him listing off big space captains and important space pioneers. You'd think 2016 would've been all media's big "look you loving morons don't glorify any of these loving gifter business dipshits."

Watching old media in general it's frightening how often they reference a famous person who you today only know as a sex pest

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Early on there a few jokes here and there about gender that were merely tedious at the time, the same as all sexist jokes for the era. Not even in an angry or progressive seeking way of today but just the "jesus christ how many unoriginal comedians and writers can write these same exact tired hollow jokes about women/men/relationships." Now they are worse than tedious, but less than outrageous, just kind of pitiful.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i'm so ashamed i wish everyone else was dead

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Wade Boggs... goes down smooth!

realizing now this is a real guy and not just an always sunny joke thing

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
woof i forgot that bit entirely and what... forgettable reference to pop culture not worth enshrining in cartoon form

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ive seen that so much it doesnt even register as futurama to me anymore, just something annoying redditors say at anything

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
thats two different things. being good like old futurama or being good like cc futurama. one way of being good is enjoyable to watch and laugh at. the other is only good at projecting lights on your screen for a little while.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I hope that's all in one episode and it's just a 30 second cold open of some dude screaming about bitcoin, vaccines, and cancel culture and then Bender beats the poo poo out of him. Roll opening credits, get into the otherwise unrelated episode.

It's all in one episode but the rest are irritating robot Santa episodes.

No wait, it's all in one episode but the rest are irritating bender episodes and stories that go on way too long.

No wait, it's all in one episode but the rest are retreading Leela and Fry will they won't they.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Aces High posted:

gently caress me, if we have to put up with some more Bender shenanigans like him knocking up the vending machine or going to a robot monastery. Though I am curious to what point they are going to reset back to, the professor said they would revert back to when he created his time rewinder, but I always got the feeling that meant they would rewind to a time before the episode is set

what? they're doing a rewind, i assumed they'd just be continuing from last ep or + time gap.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
there is at least one new potential head in a jar i really don't wanna see

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Stale surface level jokes about headlines from the past couple years is exactly what I expected

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ruddiger posted:

On the opposite side of the coin, I’ve been watching xfiles and their flu/vaccine eps made me think about the more things change…

Lol watched some old SNL a while back and Ebola was the hot new disease going around. For the most part though the jokes would apply to any newsworthy contagion.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

I also hate how they reset Fry and Leela yet again.
It's like the writers just can't write them.as a couple.

Episode was definitely in the lower range quality wise.

Oh my god, for real? I'm doing a rewatch and just got through Lars. I was really hoping they weren't going to do it again again again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

You thought "the scary mirror" was a reference to a TV show from 50 years ago and not a current show with mirror in the name?

I would think of the scary door