Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

It does sound like he Prisoner's Dilemma-ed assuming Sagal and West would also hold out for more and got stung

Well of course the stinger went right through West

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

This is definitely Disney testing the waters to see how many Simpsons cast members they can fire. They're showing with Mandalorian/Boba Fett how easily they can replace live action actors with body and voice doubles and they want to do the same with animation.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Timby posted:

A few minutes of deepfaked Luke Skywalker almost certainly cost a poo poo-ton more than the $300,000 or whatever the Simpsons cast gets per episode.

It will most certainly be automatable and cheap within five years, especially if you're working with high-quality 3d scans and not archive footage.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Flesnolk posted:

Also let DiMaggio and Disney kill each other for all I care. Boo hoo, someone comes out of it able to afford one less yacht.

You side with the worker selling his creative skills over the corporation extracting workers' surplus value every time. Yes, even if his accumulated wealth gives him the material trappings of the capitalist class.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Flesnolk posted:

You don’t even get to be an actor unless you were born into the capitalist class. This will be the first time he’s faced any adversity whatsoever and I have no sympathy.

Capitalist class is different than net worth/income percentiles. It's a question of whether you get your money from being paid for your labor or from extracting value from the labor of others.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Has Disney considered adding a one and two zeros in front of their offer?

How could a company as small as Disney afford 1,001 pesos?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Kif Gets Knocked up a Notch and Where the Buggalo Roam (another episode that hasn't aged well) almost always get a skip from me. The only Kif plot I liked was him abusing Fry in War is the H-Word.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

All these bad posts saying that totally fine episodes are bad and nobody has mentioned the real worst episode of the original run: The Route of All Evil

I use "we apologize with nice cheap words" at least once a week at work

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Huh? Mother's Day is great.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah if you're gonna do covid jokes, they better be loving hilarious because all we had to do for months was make them. No easy pickings there.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/futurama-john-dimaggio-bender-salary-1235677962/
Oof, turns out John DiMaggio didn't actually get the pay raise he was asking for.

quote:

DiMaggio still speaks with pride as he recalls his fight: “When you’re David with a sling and you’re standing up to Goliath, you try to do what you can to get your side heard. I think I did.”

It's a David and Goliath story. You know the one where David and Goliath have a frank exchange of views and David gives up because the Israelites cheered loudly enough?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"taint worth melting down" was a great line. I feel like they lampshade the jokes a bit more. Like Doge City could have been a background joke and Bender only needed to say "burrow" once

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

Also, the eye-phone episode is actually a good episode aside from the ultra-cringey Susan Boil joke, which is actually a very small part of the episode. Proposition Infinity is good too. I said what I said.

That ep's premise was pretty stale when it came out and, we'll, time makes fools of us all.

I do miss when shows had time to make topical jokes before the six-hour Twitter cycle exhausted everything though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I rewatched Future Stock recently and lost it at:

Sell 100 soylent beans!
Buy 3,000 cornbellies!
200 canned whoop-rear end!
Three big bags of trash!