Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The CC run ran basically every character and side character into the ground so let's see how far into the crust we can go lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chairman Capone posted:

I'd generally agree with this. Though I'd add Reincarnation to the list of good episodes, just for the anime segment alone.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this, by which I mean I'm cautiously optimistic we'll get a few good episodes. I am dreading their inevitable Trump parody. I'm sure there's going to be an episode parodying the Star Wars Disney revival also.

Somehow, Futurama returned

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Flesnolk posted:

You don’t even get to be an actor unless you were born into the capitalist class.

Someone didn't make it on Broadway

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well we're boned

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I had no idea who that was and the episode wasn't funny

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

People complain about em but I thought the tv movies were pretty good and fun

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

Stale surface level jokes about headlines from the past couple years is exactly what I expected

Yeah

Yeah.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TwoDayLife posted:

I thought that decent, like a 7/10. Better than at least half of the comedy central episodes.
Voices are definitely sounding rough and everything seems a bit lethargic, but honestly makes me hopeful for the rest of the reboot.
The bit at the very end was dumb and bad.

Pretty much this. Better than I thought it'd be, got some laughs out of it, which is more than I got from Disenchantment lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

OldSenileGuy posted:

Why does everyone think Fry and Leela are reset? I don't remember anything in the episode that suggested that

That part seemed fine enough to me yeah

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Taear posted:

I'm gonna say it wasn't very good. I think the second fix would have made more sense to come up with first and him having left the suit already two days before but nobody had noticed or said anything felt kinda blah.
Bit late stage Simpsons sort of a resolution.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure they've made that joke a few times

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McSpanky posted:

It seems insane to me that people are comparing this episode favorably to the CC era, it was so bland it barely happened and in another few days I probably will forget it happened.

The CC era had some pretty bad clunkers and these last two so far have been good and decent respectively

It is very distracting knowing Billy West is 70 now though, god drat :stare:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jerusalem posted:

I was so confused by what the overall message they seemed to be going for was. At the end of the episode, the Grand Midwife asks Amy if she truly loves her children and it's treated like this big amazing moment of revelation when Amy says she does, and the Grand Midwife says that's all that really mattered.

Except... that was never in question at any point in the episode? All I can think is that somehow the writers thought Leela being the genetic source of half the DNA would make ANYBODY think of her as their real mom? Which is such a weird way to look at things that it didn't even occur to me until I started writing this post.

Amy is nothing but a loving (if exhausted) mother the whole episode, and her whole frustration with Leela feels more that she's upset that the kids she loves seem to have a better time with Leela (which is a universal thing for any exhausted mom seeing the kids acting nice with a favorite Aunt or Uncle/family friend etc). There's nothing to indicate Amy doesn't love them or that she needs validation as their mother, it's just a super loving weird ending.

The extra weird thing is that there was no argument or disagreement there, Leela was in 100% agreement about it the whole time and at no point wanted to actually be their actual mom. It felt like they ran out of time in the episode so The End lol. I thought it was going to be a whole thing and Leela takes a dive on purpose or something because they both know it's stupid, or have that be question one of one thousand.

I kind of just assumed the other kids were going to get eaten too though when they went back to the swamp tbh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol at Bender not listening to his own song and Roberto's knifegun

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

thebardyspoon posted:

Hmm, I'd say my favourite episodes of the classic run weren't really ambitious, they were usually more low key. When I think ambitious and Futurama I think of the movies where they had all the minor characters showing up, a plot stretched over 4 episodes but kinda not really justifying it and then some quite well animated but pretty frivolous action scenes (mainly thinking of the space battle at the end of the first one there, the others don't have anything like that but it has been 10+ years since I watched them).

The space battle at the end of Bender's Big Score was retroactively justified when Star Wars ripped it off for the end of the last movie

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Aces High posted:

The weird censoring satellite one, absolutely (and I think that was episode 2, so a REALLY bad start) and probably the eye-phone one. The Leonardo da Vinci one was Ok, and then we got to The Late Philip J. Fry iirc

On the other hand, Poopiter is possibly the most I've laughed at anything

I'm a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Halisnacks posted:

Season had 2.5 good episodes out of 10. I guess a lot of albums have similar hit rates. Could have been worse. I’m wondering how many people gave up before the last episode, though, missing one of the few good ones.

I kind of forgot about it to be honest

I'll get back to them eventually, they're ok