Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I am for a revival, sure, why not, but absolutely will not watch without John DiMaggio, I mean come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I assume he is demanding more because Bender is basically the poster character for the show. I definitely think they will get him eventually and this is all just negotiation tactics but it still sucks to announce the show like this, when it should be exciting news.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

They got the creative team back and now all the actors as well - I would be fine with the show not continuing, but it's not like many better things have come along to replace it (Rick and Morty??? Final Space?????), so I'm happy to give them a shot.

I don't really care what they do, as long as it's funny. Disenchantment is alright, but it's just like a lot of pieces are missing WRT the writing.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The landscape of animated comedies is so loving dire today that I cannot imagine this turning out that poorly. Low bar maybe, but I'm definitely open to returning to Futurama.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I liked Disenchantment, it wasn't great, but it was fine and made me laugh more often than not. Is it anywhere the caliber of Futurama? Not really, but I still thought it was decent :shrug:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Comedy trailers almost always suck poo poo because they go for the most low hanging fruits that people will recognize. It’s a bad trailer and the show might still be poo poo, but I don’t think this very surface level trailer is much of an indication of anything.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The first one is somewhat positive I'd say? It says it's just Futurama-rear end Futurama, nothing more, nothing less, and you should probably know if you want that or not. Which is basically what I expected.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's pretty good, I'm fine with it, do whatever. I don't think there's any other show that's currently offering what Futurama does. Rick & Morty is the closest but the vibes are pretty rancid at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think Santa gets stupider every year