Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

OldSenileGuy posted:

It's been a while, so this is by no means a comprehensive list. But just from memory:

Cream of the crop episodes - The Late Philip J Fry, The Prisoner of Benda, Cold Warriors, Game of Tones, Meanwhile

Good/Worth Watching episodes - Bender's Big Score (the first movie - some people don't like it but it's easily the best of the movies and I have soft spot for it), The Duh-Vinci Code, Proposition Infinity, A Clockwork Origin, The Mutants are Revolting, Mobius Dick, Benderama, Overclockwise, A Farewell to Arms, Fun on a Bun, 2-D Blacktop, Murder on the Planet Express

Avoid at all costs - That Darn Katz, The Futurama Holiday Spectacular, Yo Leela Leela, The Butterjunk Effect, Naturama, Saturday Morning Fun Pit

Like i said, that's just from memory and looking at an episode list. There's a ton of episodes I barely remember, which means they probably aren't great but aren't terrible either.

The biggest sin of the CC era is that (almost?) every one of the "three separate stories" type episodes was crap. I really hope we get another (good) Tales of Interest episode during the Hulu run.

I think I'd agree with this list. Maybe bump Murder on the Planet Express up and Cold Warriors down but eh. Probably there's some others that could get into the 'worth watching' tier but I'm not gonna look through the lists. Late Phillip J Fry pretty much justifies the entire revival on it's own, imo

Whichever one was the one with the singing boil was trash but it had one of my favourite Scruffy lines (Scruffy dun turned this reg'lar board inter a divin board).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

The entire arena fight in "crustacean in love" is great.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Steiv posted:

Gotta disagree; my wife and I watched the first new episode and laughed our butts off. I feel like the first (2008) reboot was dreck that was focused on "monkey cheese" humor. They didn't quite get what made Futurama Futurama. This one seemed to understand what made the original run wonderful. Admittedly, there were too many "timely" jokes re: Hulu, streaming, whatever, but I felt like there was a return to non-meme humor.

enh I mean The Late Phillip J. Fry is honestly a strong contender for best episode in the whole series, that was a reboot episode.

or Prisoner of Benda. If proving a new mathematical theorem isn't Futurama then I don't know what is.