Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Island Nation posted:

Not sure why Disney decided to revive this when no one asked for it this time but okay.

I think DiMaggio is bluffing to a point. Obviously, he wants a good deal and rightfully so but if he's given a ultimatum between Bender getting recasted or a lower than expected deal then he's choosing the latter and Disney knows it.

Has there been any other show that has gotten original episodes on OTA TV, cable, and streaming before?

The man's also a higher profile voice actor than West or Sagal comparatively at this point. Look at his IMDB and you can see he is drowning in work so it's not impossible they came in at a price that undercuts his current rate/earning potential relative to the work he may have to turn down to record for the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hey guys, it's me, check out my shiny new voice

what oh? My old voice synthesizer melted from all the robot drugs and floozies or whatever

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Exploitation is exploitation and is wrong regardless of your net worth.

unless you're an exploiter in which case anything is fair turnabout.

Disney knew what they were doing when they announced this without signed contracts, too. It's a dick move to put fan pressure on DiMaggio exactly like people in the thread/comments are doing and he's absolutely right to not heed them. It's not art or a passion project for anyone involved at this point. Disney wants a safe ROI and fresh content, everyone else wants to get paid.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

stev posted:

Probably not. Plenty of actors have taken a fee well below their usual rate for a passion project.

if this was a passion project it would have been coming from Groening/Cohen after they got the actors backing it
this is clearly happening the other way around

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've been doing a rewatch (and in many cases first watch) of the CC seasons in anticipation of this and...
A lot of them aren't as bad as I recall/read.

Some of them definitely are but also some of them are pretty fine. Hopefully the time away has them swirling with new stories, l will watch this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It being mediocre to good is better than I'd hope for a revamped writers room coming back entirely cold after years of off time.