Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nah, not going anywhere near this. Even if the last revival hadn't been mediocre at its best (unwatchable at its worst), Groening & Co haven't put out a solid 22 minutes of enjoyable television in well over a decade now. I'm out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hopefully DiMaggio couldn't do it because he's busy voicing Wakka in a Final Fantasy X remake/sequel.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

DrunkPanda posted:

I mean, I assume you work for a company... How would you feel if some upper manager of your company that makes several times your salary came over to your cube and started whining to you about how hard they work and how they don't get the respect they deserve and should get paid more money? I'm sure you would be thinking "oh shut up, I don't care", right?

No, I'd say 'me too'.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Timby posted:

A few minutes of deepfaked Luke Skywalker almost certainly cost a poo poo-ton more than the $300,000 or whatever the Simpsons cast gets per episode.

It didn't look much better than the stuff rando deepfakers are doing for fun at home.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

if he takes less for this would he not get offered less for other roles in the future? I don't really know how Hollywood pay scales work but there's weirdness involved isn't there?

Probably not. Plenty of actors have taken a fee well below their usual rate for a passion project.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

When's the last time they actually made a god drat delivery? That company needs a shake up.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Time Keeps on Slipping

No. Stop this.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

"Soothe us with sweet lies" is the better Hermes quote anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PostNouveau posted:

I feel bad for Ken Keeler, who has had to write 4 series finales for this show and crushed it on 3 of them. Now he's gonna have to do it again.

Wait, what's the fourth one? Assuming the first three are Hands, the fourth movie and Meanwhile.