Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Phenotype posted:

No, I'd be saying "You're fuckin right man, let's break out the company's balance sheets and see where the money is going and let's have a more equitable distribution of the fruits of our labor."

Putting poo poo that would never happen aside, I do agree that corporations are generally in the wrong when it comes to compensation issues.

It'd be pretty cool if DiMaggio not being on board would sink the whole revival ( I know it will not).

Seeing what Groening and Cohen did with Disenchantment gives me little faith that this'll be any good.

TwoDayLife fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Feb 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

I thought that decent, like a 7/10. Better than at least half of the comedy central episodes.
Voices are definitely sounding rough and everything seems a bit lethargic, but honestly makes me hopeful for the rest of the reboot.
The bit at the very end was dumb and bad.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Sab669 posted:

That was really good - usually I hate "Fry says something impossibly dumb" things but that felt extra silly/clever. I think the Impassable Burger was my favorite.

Great name for a restaurant, like, "you can't just drive by / pass by, you gotta stop".
It's also Impassable because they crashed into it.
And obviously it's just a pun on Impossible Burger.

I thought it was also a poop joke.

TwoDayLife fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 24, 2023

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

That was a very bland but inoffensive.
It wasnt poorly written or anything, just not a lot going on.
Honestly it was still better than the 'emotional' Bender/Hermes or Professor/Zoidberg episodes of the Comedy Central era

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

This whole season has been pretty lethargic, pacing is much closer to season 1 of show, but with less jokes.
It's not bad it's just bland, hoping they'll get back in the groove because all these episodes have a lot of potential but kinda flub it.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Best episode so far. Reminds me of Season 1.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Honestly, I thought this was a good one.
The Zoidberg and Bender antics got a good chuckle out of me, as well as the turducken jokes.

Glad they got Coolio again before he kicked the bucket.
Rest in peace Big C.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

I think the only good part of the episode was Bender. In general I like how they've toned him down this season to be less of an rear end in a top hat than the comedy central days.

The rest of the episode was terrible and lazy.

Except for Gumbobot.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Probably the least funny episode of the season.
My god, it's even got stink lines.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m aware that’s a thing written about online.

I’ve also had durian in my home before as an adult and been to durian farms when I was younger and I’ve never seen or heard of reactions like those.

I've tried durian twice, both times in SE asia.
The first time it was like eating custard from the bottom of the hot garbage can. I literally could not get the garbage taste out of my mouth for an hour.
Drinking water just resulted in the water bottle smelling/tasting like garbage juice.

The second time, was a bit milder, it was more like a pudding that somebody mixed onions into. After that I gave up and realized the King of Fruits was not for me.

Also most wet markets that had durian had it at the far end of the market and it would still stink up half the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*