Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

quick Conan, hit Tom the Serpent Man with your MAGIC SWORD, sending him back into ANOTHER DIMENSION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (July 28-August 1, 2005)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

A bit late, but check out the detail of "Tom's" silhouette in the second panel.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (August 2-4, 2005)

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I could go for an Um Bongo rn.

Or any other day of the week, tbh.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

John A posted:

No one could accuse Shailey of failing to simper her winsome way to what she wants. She wrapped that Cimmerian around her little finger. Just one arrow in her quiver of leadership.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

From Allison's Instagram

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (August 5-8, 2005)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (August 10-12, 2005)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

Who is this doughty smith? And who is this cunning thief? The plot’s so thick you could stir it with a stick.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I hear that smith is married to a local medicine woman of sharp tongue and fierce tobacco habit.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (August 15-17, 2005)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I hear that smith is married to a local medicine woman of sharp tongue and fierce tobacco habit.

McGraw would probably be happier in the Hyborean Age, honestly.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (August 18-22, 2005)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

In the rough world of Conan, I find it hard to imagine that a restocking fee is ever honoured.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
This whole page is bringing me lots of joy. I will now always refer to cider as "Hayseed fighting juice"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It takes balls to try and gouge a massive muscled man returning a sword to you.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (August 23-26, 2005)

Extra long post to wrap this one up, both for pacing and because I missed yesterday. Starting tomorrow, Welcome to Oldbourne! Also, Allison starts drawing the comics by hand again, which is a refreshing visual style and also a hell of a throwback to mid-2000s webcomics. We'll get to see his style evolve over the next few years months (minus a quick jaunt back to the Illustrator style -- it'll only last a few weeks in real time) until it starts to reach what it was at the start of Bad Machinery.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Shelley, you're gonna have to get over this.

Meanwhile, I received my print copy of Snooker Could Be Better in the mail today from TopatoCo! My power level has risen by 210!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

GLENN! Who is this scribe? He feels like the kind of person you can rely on to read a mercenary contract or pen an epistle.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Glenn will never get a break...

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

by Crom!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
*sings* GLENN

This is already quite fun from cameos alone.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

John Allison posted:

When I originally published this book, the Oldbourne story wasn't in it. As you can see, it's drawn differently to most of the other stories. I kept the traditionally drawn story that followed it, because it looked a bit tidier, but this one was drawn with some pretty crude instruments and, in many places, looked like it. I didn't leave it out because I'd drawn parts of it with a felt tip pen, or because it was "a bit of a mess" story-wise, or even because it was my first attempt in a few years to get back to a more organic art style and, as a result, rough around the edges visually.

Oh all right, those are the reasons I left it out. But time heals all wounds. Imperfections viewed from a distance seem much smaller. When you've made 100 mistakes, each one seems huge. By the time you've made 10000 mistakes, what's another one? Ha ha!

So what you are about to read is one of the weirdest stories I ever wrote, in the midst of a lot of other weird stories because The Retribution Index is a weird book. Looking at it now, I can see that if I just re-wrote it almost completely, and redrew it, it would be probably the greatest comic story that I, or anybody else, has ever made.

On re-reading, I appear to be writing about some important issue or other, but I really can't tell what it is. Gentrification? Post-collegiate ennui? Perhaps you can tell me. I also find some of the outfits I drew in this story quite alarming. I have no idea about Shelley's hip-high disco flares or Amy's bizarre knitted purple thigh high socks. They make me feel quite seasick. I just drew them again and the logic did not become apparent.

Scary Go Round (August 28-31, 2005)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (September 1-5, 2005)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

I’ll be honest with you. I don’t know a lot about the serpent men. So I modelled them on the Shadows from Babylon 5. I figured it was exactly the same thing.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmr1i-LaAsU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (September 6-8, 2005)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (September 9-13, 2005)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (September 14-16, 2005)

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

lol, I guess that font doesn't have the GBP symbol

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Allison's Instagram

John Allison posted:

There’s been a lot of talk recently about a SAVAGE SWORD OF SUSAN aka “THE GIANT DAY” recently but I cannot comment upon it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

:sickos:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

We assume that Glenn is referring to two Swiss balls. One to sit on while resting one’s thews during a quest, the other to trade for food, weapons, or information. Though the Swiss ball does not exist in the New Hyborian Age because Switzerland also does not exist. I cannot speak to the existence of yoga.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

he's having so much fun writing Conan :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:colbert: Conan is an extremely skilled thief, many of his exploits involve heists such as this

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (September 19-21, 2005)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

More of Allison's "The Giant Day"...

John Allison posted:

Astir of Koth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (September 22-October 3, 2005)