Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

John A posted:

CARLOTA! Who is this… wait, she appeared a few pages back. While she is clearly wily, she cannot be as wily as Conan, who was, in his youth, forever sneaking into weird fortresses to seize some artefact like a scantily clad Indiana Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (October 4-7, 2005)

Extra strip today to round off the arc. Tomorrow: the return of a fantastic character.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (October 10-12, 2005)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Kazinsal posted:

Scary Go Round (October 10-12, 2005)

Some early-installment weirdness with the school being named "St. Fleur's" and not Griswald's. Also Derek looks like a prototype for George Bough.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

Carlota’s great weakness as an enemy is that she is about 5ft tall and can be tossed like a ping pong ball. She makes up for this by owning a very great number of short, sharp and pointy blades. Her achilles heel: easily imprisoned in burlap.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
:allears: I'm loving everything about this.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 15, 2024

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
amazing

also that's a very fancy dagger to be third most important

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Carlotta, Princess of Pickpockets and her many daggers

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Leraika posted:

amazing

also that's a very fancy dagger to be third most important

Probably get more fancy as you go on. Don't want to add wear and tear on your best knife on a simple stabbing.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (October 13-17, 2005)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (October 18-20, 2005)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

Was there ever a better team-up than this? You know there wasn’t. The visual joy of Lottie and any big hunk forming a fighting unit is powder I keep dry for special occasions like this.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (October 21-25, 2005)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (October 26-28, 2005)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (October 31-November 2, 2005)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

What manner of mage might lie beyond this Brythunian hippie in the late 60s folk-rock style? I suppose we will have to find out in a couple of days.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Good Conan comic! Laying it on thick and early with Shelly betraying him in the end, me thinks. :thunk:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (November 3-7, 2005)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (November 8-10, 2005)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

DAISIE! Who is this lute-addled minstrel mage? Enjoy the allusion to King Conan, the ultimate and most grizzled of all the Cimmerian’s forms. And what in Crom’s name is that song about?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Just do not let her see any athletic yet wicked maidens as they will addle her mystic senses.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Charlotte's smug vindication is extremely amusing. Also happy to see Saucy Bob make his appearance! Been looking forward to this bit.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Emzedoh posted:

Charlotte's smug vindication is extremely amusing. Also happy to see Saucy Bob make his appearance! Been looking forward to this bit.

Bob's one of my favourite recurring characters in the Tackleford universe. Every time he shows up, something absolutely cosmically brilliant is about to happen.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The magic echoing her glasses is a nice touch, but I think she needs her headband for a classic Daisy silhouette.

Also "all arts are one art" is a callback to Daisy's ridiculous aptitude towards every sport ever known.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (November 11-16, 2005)

Time for a few weeks of Adobe Illustrator art! We'll be back to hand drawn art soon (April 17, 2006), but right now we're in the era where Allison isn't really confident in his art style, so it's computer-drawn for a bit.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (November 17-21, 2005)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

Glenn’s Hyborian reality is revealed and it is every bit as grisly as you might have suspected.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (November 22-24, 2005)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (November 25-29, 2005)

As if Saucy Bob wasn't supernatural enough for you, Tackleford has a witch.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (November 30-December 2, 2005)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

I think Glenn resisted the call to arms for longer than many of us might have. In the end, you have to go on the quest, Glenn. It was always going to happen.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (December 5-7, 2005)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gee, i wonder if allison was out of ideas when he did this arc.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

gee, i wonder if allison was out of ideas when he did this arc.

I think he once described it as a breather arc to get himself back into doing art in Illustrator again without having any real narrative consequence being packed behind it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
That is a horrible witch rear end

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (December 8-12, 2005)

Had. Tackleford had a witch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Conan

John A posted:

A fish-man? Who is this awful, scaly manifestation? Meanwhile, some things stay the same across all planes of reality.

Gross! I hate fish-men. Just as much as I hate spotty witches arses now that I think about it.