Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is this building to a Giant Days cameo? Daisy and her wife showing up to dispense some advice a la the Taylors from Friday Night Lights?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Aaa just this much of a Giant Days cameo made me smile

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Poor little Claire, never learned the invaluable lesson of disappointing your parents early on, so everything afterwards is a pleasant surprise

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
That's a great trick.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

That's a great trick.

When you own all those puffer jackets, you gotta know the tricks to store them.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Meanwhile, there's a romantical Steeple special available via Gumroad or Patreon called "Reverend in Love" for anybody who wanted to see Rev. Penrose with his shirt off, or to ponder what it would be like if Shelley Winters began pursuing a monster-battling vicar.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
non-paid M-F steeple shortform comics too

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I adore the whole Archie homage the cover is going for:

Gumroad - Patreon

Lottie will return (with Claire and Glenn) at a later date:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Steeple - Brian's Insides

John A posted:

After two years of frenzied webcomic activity, I’ve had to dial things down for a little bit for self-preservation’s sake. For three weeks (Mon-Fri) I’ll be running Steeple strips (Steeple Lite, if you like) that will begin to utilise the pile of ideas that don’t really fit the requirements of the plot-driven Dark Horse series. I apologise in advance for the slightly lavatorial start to this story next week, I promise that it is going somewhere other than the sewage treatment works.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 25, 2022

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

This is going to sound weird but I'd be very curious as to what a John Allison penned screenplay would look like. Like would it be insufferable twee and obvious because the comic beats wouldn't be demarcated by panel borders? Or incredibly good.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

He's extremely bad at endings so.. not good, probably.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
the further adventures of brian's turds

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

John A posted:

Budleigh Salterton is a real place, it’s in Devon, Cornwall’s natural enemy. As you will see from the official guide to South Devon’s web page on B.S, they are flagrant in their use of the grocer’s apostrophe, providing yet more ammunition for Cornwall’s slings and arrows.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
That's a powerful look Billie's rocking.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

davidspackage posted:

That's a powerful look Billie's rocking.

i think it's standard church of satan priestess "uniform" or robes or whatever, because you can see she gets too embarrassed to wear it outside and puts on a sweater even when it's hot, lol.

this panel is great and is generally a good philosophy on life i've found

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

John A posted:

When I started this story, i was a spent force, mentally. Then I caught Covid and was a physical wreck too. What you see before you are the embers of my empire. At the time of writing I feel a lot better. Thank you for reading despite these headwinds. The action returns to badmachinery.com with a new SOLVER story next week.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
always check with your demonic orgy partners if they're into blood play before getting going. remember kids, even Baphomet/gets informed consent

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

John A posted:

A new story begins!

Poor Fizz. We barely got to know this sweet dim bulb. Hopefully she and Charlotte will meet again.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

John A posted:

Karen Grote has done her best with Lottie. As parenting tasks go, it's been like trying to herd cats made of mercury in the dark.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 17, 2022

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

John A posted:

We all need a friend like Hazeema, willing to push us into a lift shaft.

Allow me to post an instructional video below about the paternoster lift in the Sheffield Arts Tower. I used to ride it all the time and it gave me the greatest joy. Whenever I go back to the city, I try to have a blast on this beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYbyaj4G9FM

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Tom Scott has a video of what happens when the thing goes over the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJBD1wf-YQ

I assume it's called the paternoster because you need a moment of prayer before you step into it for the first time.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

John A posted:

There's a point in this comic where you can detect how completely I've internalised the logic of Seinfeld. It's not the panel where Charlotte is flanked by both Energy Crow and a bat. That's my own thing.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Lottie no, that's how you end up in Night World

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

John A posted:

One of the reasons I like writing Charlotte stories that they open up all sorts of peculiar notions to write about. She doesn’t think like anybody else, which leads to terms like “international nocturnes”. It’s a good mindset to write in.

A blessing for me, perhaps, but possibly a curse for poor Glenn (Glyn? Glemm? Gerg?) Durgan there.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

She's right, even in London it's hard to find 24hr dives

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

John A posted:

Fans of Grace Paley’s work will be well aware that ‘Enormous Changes At The Last Minute’ is a slim volume. Glenn’s version features the entire script of the Kevin Bacon/Ellen Barkin film adaptation in the back, along with several decorative “plates” featuring stills from the film.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Digging the little red Snufkin lulling Susan to sleep

That's the sandman:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandm%C3%A4nnchen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqljzuTL-Ak&t=93s

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Incredibly adorable, I'm having children just so they can watch this

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010