Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

To me the point of the story wasn't much to do with villains and comeuppance but more so Daisy et al can get some good zingers in on Batman and Alfred. Like that's the joke imo, the zany Allison verse colliding with Batman grim n gritty and not much actually happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

This is going to sound weird but I'd be very curious as to what a John Allison penned screenplay would look like. Like would it be insufferable twee and obvious because the comic beats wouldn't be demarcated by panel borders? Or incredibly good.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm thinking Claire will set her on fire

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Saoshyant posted:

Welcome, Leraika!

Aside Giant Days, I suggest trying Bad Machinery (link to the first story), which features many of the characters from Scary Go Round now older plus a cast of super likeable kids that it's a delight to see them grow up over the years.

Steeple's amazing, too, no back reading necessary at all, though Vol 1 is not available as a web comic instead being Dark Horse published work. Vol 2 and 3 are online, though.

You can read it digitally first. They were sold on what used to be Comixology, and are still available by a much shittier company but them's the breaks. Here's Vol 1.

~*~

A new Solver story will being on Monday. See you all there!

Is that intro panel on the gocomics link new? I seem to remember the original just starting with Jack

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I mean, I get it, it's a straightforward change but part of the charm I think was seeing how all these disparate characters came together which is spoiled a bit by this, maybe.