Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
did it have a vinyl top? the trim around the roof makes me think maybe, but i am also not super familiar with darts. if it did, is the roof mostly intact?

car looks like a pretty solid start to a project. how close is it to running? does it turn over by hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
good thing it's not frozen!

i think that is one of those funny 2-barrel carbs that only has one throat. Like a Holley 2280. Looks like they were used on 80s trucks, so maybe that's what your motor is from. I think I see a plastic sensor on there, too, so that means its not too old. if you wanna have some fun with it, you'll want to find a 4-barel intake and carb of your choice. that has the double benefit of removing whatever crud fell in the coolant passages lol

the oil filter relocation might be because the stock location interfered with something (crossmember or steering linkages or whatever), or they just wanted easier access for changing it. as long as it wasnt a total hackjob, i dont think thats too concerning

Raluek fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 12, 2022