Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nice project. In Ohio, we'd call that "minimal rust." It barely registers on the Sockington scale.

What's with the autozone chrome on the bottom of the driver's door?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

MrOnBicycle posted:

drat if it barely registers on the Sockinton scale I'm in luck (so far)!

That autozone chrome was actually part of the Dart GT trim, except on my car they didn't think to put the third one back (that goes on the front fender), and they can be pretty expensive for what it is. There are supposed to be 3 on each side. I found one here in Sweden to buy for the front left side for about $30 excluding shipping, but I'll see if I can find a set first if I decide to buy.

With the amount of chromed stuff on old cars I got the feeling I'll be getting arthritis in my fingers from all the polishing, but then again it often comes up really nice even if it looks like poo poo at the beginning.

I'll be damned. I looked up some pics and saw the missing piece on the fender. I don't think I've ever seen that setup, and I've looked at muscle cars for decades...

And polishing chrome is rewarding, so enjoy it!