Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

pie snipe

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Where them bagpipes at!?

I think my favoritely named, and most Scottish sounding tune is the reel "We Were Poor but We Were Miserable"

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Commodore_64 posted:

Where them bagpipes at!?

I think my favoritely named, and most Scottish sounding tune is the reel "We Were Poor but We Were Miserable"

The Twilight Sad come pretty close to that in most of their songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l25t9lSaIJ0

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Commodore_64 posted:

Where them bagpipes at!?

i think you made this up. google shows nothing except bible verses about how great it is to be "poor but happy"

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I have mixed feelings about enjoying Count Dankula videos. Mad lads only, I’m not interested in his videos about politics or social commentary or current events.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Please enjoy this episode of noted Scottish videogame show Consolevania where the intro is forty seven minutes long and mostly deals with anxiety.
(I actually enjoyed this quite a lot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoOo-ZMAXVM

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

it is very pretty there. lots of pretty mosses and rocks and ghost houses. It'd be so awesome and cool to drive around on the top part of scotland and check out the stuff there.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

i think you made this up. google shows nothing except bible verses about how great it is to be "poor but happy"

https://breabach.bandcamp.com/track/the-ramparts @ around 2:20

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

"How bout a wee toot?"
"What, heroin?"
"Aye smack, yer only smokin it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un9MII-NbyM

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Tuck in

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Are there really more redheads in Scotland than other places?

I'd like to bone some Scottish redheads (girls) but they might be my cousins, even though my Great Grandparents came to Canada like probably a hundred years ago. I don't think I should take the risk.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
more people do heroin in america than scotland so shut up!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

i would like to eat that object

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

wesleywillis posted:

I'd like to bone some Scottish redheads (girls) but they might be my cousins, even though my Great Grandparents came to Canada like probably a hundred years ago. I don't think I should take the risk.

Not as many as TV would have you believe. Like, I know a handful of redheads? I'm not sure if that's above or below average!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

wesleywillis posted:

i looked it up and it says ireland has the most, scotland has either 6% or 12%. 12% seems too high, it's not more than 1 in 10 people but it's common enough to not really notice it.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

roomtone posted:

might be different in really busy tourist spots in edinburgh but i've worked in hotels a lot and generally it's like oh an american very nice, very nice

Learn your American accents. You’ll be able to spot someone from the Midwest and know there’s no tip coming so you can provide bad service and not feel guilty about it.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i would like to eat that object

Wid ye aye?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Szyznyk posted:

Learn your American accents. You’ll be able to spot someone from the Midwest and know there’s no tip coming so you can provide bad service and not feel guilty about it.

You guys tip over there? gently caress that I'm not visiting any more, the whole reason to travel is to get away from American tip culture!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Szyznyk posted:

You do realize tips aren't expected in most places outside North America more or less, right?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

need to deep fry the drink to match

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Infidel Castro posted:

You do realize tips aren't expected in most places outside North America more or less, right?

I’d rather prefer to do it when it isn’t expected.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/qUy3J8eNvyM

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

OOO WI YA NOO HAAV A WEE DRAM WI YA NEEPS AN TATTIES??

A WEE JOBBEH LADDIE FA YA SASSENACHS

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/HxMt8YqK0VQ

and the fairer sex

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Where's transparent 'luminum at

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Haggis Nachos

Those chips are poo poo.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Just keep the Ardbeg flowing and I will always support Scotland.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Infidel Castro posted:

- Being told that we should use all our Bank of Scotland issued notes before we went to London because I guess they were widely counterfeited.

Nobody in England will accept bank notes from either Scotland or N. Ireland. I have no idea why since it is all sterling. My family owned a bar and off-licence. We would often keep any Bank of England notes separate because people traveling to England for work or holidays wanted to exchange for them.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

there is nothing more Scottish than yelling IT'S LEGAL TENDER at an English shopkeeper

You've activated my trap card

"Legal tender" is a term describing what things have to be accepted as repayment for a monetary debt (so e.g. a loanshark can't refuse your money and then say you still owe them, with interest)

In all of the UK, coins are legal tender (up to certain amounts). In England and Wales, so are Bank of England notes.

Scottish (and N. Irish) bank notes are not legal tender anywhere, including in Scotland. They're real currency, but that's not the same thing.

(None of which has any baring on shopkeepers, who could demand payment in rare pokemon cards, were they so inclined)

...saying any of this to an already pissed of tourist is a very bad idea.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Chrpno posted:

OOO WI YA NOO HAAV A WEE DRAM WI YA NEEPS AN TATTIES??

A WEE JOBBEH LADDIE FA YA SASSENACHS

whit

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm searching for specifically Scottish Food one tiny northern village at a time. Starting the town of Aviemore :scotland:

Love the two tiny scrimps but I can't make sense of the top left here.

Is this Chili Con Carne?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Are you in Scotland? Is this the worlds saddest installment of parts unknown?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Are you in Scotland? Is this the worlds saddest installment of parts unknown?

I wish I was in Scotland. I'm just utilizing spy technology to intercept photography from Scottish satellites.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Is it true they say "och" a lot in Scotland?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

If you haven’t watched the crime drama Shetland, you’re missing out

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I'm searching for specifically Scottish Food one tiny northern village at a time. Starting the town of Aviemore :scotland:

Love the two tiny scrimps but I can't make sense of the top left here.

Is this Chili Con Carne?

Top left on the shrimp dish looks like prawn crackers? And yeah, that's probably a Chilli. My partner from that area suspects that's maybe from an Australian themed restaurant that used to be in Aviemore of all things

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 12, 2022

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Is it true they say "och" a lot in Scotland?

yeah that and oval office

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I actually enjoyed those few Limmy videos that I could understand

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I saw that plate of what I assume is either chili or nachos with 'guac' on it and started crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deano
Sep 6, 2000

ya just winged em, follow up kill shot

Only registered members can see post attachments!