Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Pfah, we saw Rome, it's terrible, not worth the effort. Byzantium, we saw, and it probably should terrify us right now- walls just too thick. Egypt was too hot and dry. Germany is too close, our people would be constantly wanting to go "home", we need to make a clean break. That leaves Iberia and Britain... and frankly, what we saw of Iberia on our raid was far more enticing. Intact cities and forts for us to capture and make our own, but not TOO intact. Still a good base of operations for raiding, especially if we can establish ourselves on the neck and be able to reach both seas with ease. Plus, the kingdoms there are modest enough that we can get our chieftainess her queendom well before she goes to the gods...

C- Iberia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Mukaikubo posted:

Pfah, we saw Rome, it's terrible, not worth the effort. Byzantium, we saw, and it probably should terrify us right now- walls just too thick. Egypt was too hot and dry. Germany is too close, our people would be constantly wanting to go "home", we need to make a clean break. That leaves Iberia and Britain... and frankly, what we saw of Iberia on our raid was far more enticing. Intact cities and forts for us to capture and make our own, but not TOO intact. Still a good base of operations for raiding, especially if we can establish ourselves on the neck and be able to reach both seas with ease. Plus, the kingdoms there are modest enough that we can get our chieftainess her queendom well before she goes to the gods...

C- Iberia

Hear, hear!
C - to Iberia we go!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

C - Iberia and maybe even further west?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

C- Iberia as well here! :bandwagon:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

F- Egypt while im tempted by the proposal to dethrone the pope, the lure of the pyramids is stronger

edipil
May 12, 2017

E
Why waste our clans time on pursuing anything but the greatest of treasures

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Dance Officer posted:

E - go big and/or go home

I agree with E

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

C - glory is one thing, prudence is another. Both must be balanced.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
F - Egypt

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

C Iberia!

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
A for Germania

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
C - to Iberia!

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
One ocean to raid is good, two is perfect.

F - Egypt!

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

F - Egypt

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

F - Egypt

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
F - Egypt

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
C - Iberia

F - Egypt because:

punched my v-card at camp posted:

think of the runes we could carve on this sucker (points to pyramid)

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 18, 2022

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
D - Strike into the very heart of Christendom and prove the strength of our faith.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Voting D just so we can yell "Pope? More like Nope!"

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

We've had an LP in Iberia already, so I'mma go F - Egypt

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

sheep-dodger posted:

We've had an LP in Iberia already, so I'mma go F - Egypt

There was also an LP in Egypt despite it being also set in Jerusalem.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

As much as I would LOVE to choose Byzantium for the sheer audacity of it or Egypt/Jerusalem for the odd-ball nature/meme-worthiness of such a thing, I must simply go with C—Iberia because it simply provides more opportunities for comedy/insanity.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
A. We might have something here, and can head south when we get to to.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Xelkelvos posted:

There was also an LP in Egypt despite it being also set in Jerusalem.

We never had one in the Maghreb, seems like we could meet halfway and have The Vandals 2: Norse Barbary Pirates edition.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Frionnel posted:

We never had one in the Maghreb, seems like we could meet halfway and have The Vandals 2: Norse Barbary Pirates edition.

Egypt and the Magreb would be my second choice. Become literal Barbarians (after I guess beating up the current barbarians, the Muslim Berbers)

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Crisis Now posted:

I was going to say this is a thing in Europa Universalis 4, but can't really modelled in CK3. But then I went and looked at some of the new culture traditions and what do ya know:

:getin:

My preference would be for us to remain here in the north of Germania and build something new, especially with these hardy Dithmarschen folk whom we've now taken to rule, but if the winds want us to go further away then I'd lean towards C.* Iberia for the opportunities they might provide. Though I would suggest as a possibility for that realm that we look south of the strait towards those small petty lords that rule the Maghreb for our conquest.

Hear me out, taking Asturias or Navarre are conquerable, but those lands to the north are poor and mountainous compared to the wealth of the rest of the peninsula, much like the home we are trying to leave here in Scandinavia. Plus the Caliph of Cordoba has his covetous eyes on these lands, and if we exhaust ourselves taking them, than as soon as our war finishes he might make his move. If we aren't to war with the Caliph of Cordoba right away, then taking a flank to his south and building a base of support there would place us in a prime position to launch an attack on his flank in the wealthy southern provinces of Iberia if an opportunity arises. Being in that portion of the Maghreb would also place us in a much more prime position to launch raids into the wealthier cities in the Mediterranean without having to worry about circle around the whole bloody peninsula and would also enable us to raid further south into the areas of Africa I hear rumors have cities of gold. Plus since these petty kingdoms are smaller, then we likely won't need to spend as much time marshaling our resources so we can begin our relocation and conquest sooner, if we are to make an exodus, then I know many here would be itching to do so sooner than later.

So there lies my ultimate modified proposal, should we do Iberia, I hope we consider the Maghreb a valid alternate location instead of the main peninsula. Plus if we can recruit some of these Dithmarschen folk to come with us, I'm sure they'd be eager to fight for good land as much as us considering their land is mostly unariable swamp.

C.* being Iberia, though with a Maghreb preference if that can be an option

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

C.* being Iberia, though with a Maghreb preference if that can be an option

e: well my actual preference would be for us to stay where we are or go to England, to make the North Sea Empire and reform Astaru, but failing that, sure let's go south and become Muslilm Vikings. Heck, if we stick to targeting Asturia/Navarra, we can convert, submit to the Caliph, and get in on the internal politics and strife of the Cordoban Caliphate.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 18, 2022

Puke on Cops
May 21, 2007
Do you remember when Jawbreaker rocked the boat? I'm sure you do, and don't.
Throwing in my vote for C as well!

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
F. Egypt. Where their old gods failed ours will prevail!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
F. Egypt will make for a far more interesting game, to me.

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord
It's currently very close between Iberia and Egypt

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Please vote egypt, there hasn't been a paradox LP dealing with that area and it's fascinating.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Yeah sure, moving my vote to F, if possible.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I'm easily influenced, I'll throw a vote to F

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Yeah, that sounds like it could be interesting. Throw in a vote for F

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
chaos vote for Brittannia

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
F think of the runes we could carve on this sucker (points to pyramid)

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

F, sounds interesting.

Wonder if our dynasty converts to a local faith, or manages to reform somehow?
Guess we'll see.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

F for the relative novelty of it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I wanted to propose going to Taurica and getting to mess around with both the steppes and the Byzantines, but it’s way too late for that.

Both Iberia and Egypt offer some fun paths to go down but at the end of the day? F, I suppose.