Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Ah man, happy to get in on the ground flood of a new CK lp, that was one hell of a roadtrip around the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Hell yeah, we go a viking and take what is ours. :black101:

Funny enough, the people of the land we just conquered just so happen to be a fairly hardy bunch who have little use for kings and lords. For being a band of christian worshiping milksops, the Dithmarschen seem to be a fair bit hardier then most of their other fellows.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Crisis Now posted:

I was going to say this is a thing in Europa Universalis 4, but can't really modelled in CK3. But then I went and looked at some of the new culture traditions and what do ya know:

:getin:

My preference would be for us to remain here in the north of Germania and build something new, especially with these hardy Dithmarschen folk whom we've now taken to rule, but if the winds want us to go further away then I'd lean towards C.* Iberia for the opportunities they might provide. Though I would suggest as a possibility for that realm that we look south of the strait towards those small petty lords that rule the Maghreb for our conquest.

Hear me out, taking Asturias or Navarre are conquerable, but those lands to the north are poor and mountainous compared to the wealth of the rest of the peninsula, much like the home we are trying to leave here in Scandinavia. Plus the Caliph of Cordoba has his covetous eyes on these lands, and if we exhaust ourselves taking them, than as soon as our war finishes he might make his move. If we aren't to war with the Caliph of Cordoba right away, then taking a flank to his south and building a base of support there would place us in a prime position to launch an attack on his flank in the wealthy southern provinces of Iberia if an opportunity arises. Being in that portion of the Maghreb would also place us in a much more prime position to launch raids into the wealthier cities in the Mediterranean without having to worry about circle around the whole bloody peninsula and would also enable us to raid further south into the areas of Africa I hear rumors have cities of gold. Plus since these petty kingdoms are smaller, then we likely won't need to spend as much time marshaling our resources so we can begin our relocation and conquest sooner, if we are to make an exodus, then I know many here would be itching to do so sooner than later.

So there lies my ultimate modified proposal, should we do Iberia, I hope we consider the Maghreb a valid alternate location instead of the main peninsula. Plus if we can recruit some of these Dithmarschen folk to come with us, I'm sure they'd be eager to fight for good land as much as us considering their land is mostly unariable swamp.

C.* being Iberia, though with a Maghreb preference if that can be an option